One Day

A year and a half ago, if you told me I would be sitting in the office of one of the biggest hoteliers in the world, not only as their daughter-in-law but also as an employee, I probably would've cried. Because those things don't even happen in dreams, let alone reality.

I always thought my life was nothing if not contentment. I was okay where I was; happy and secure. I did what I had to for myself and I strived to achieve more than I was told I could. Falling in love, becoming a part of an incredible family, living out dreams beyond my comprehension was never part of the plan.

Yet here I was.

He came into my life like a thunderstorm. I got to see flashes, little moments of him before he came in full force. And I had no choice but to get drenched in every little drop of joy he brought with him.

Yusuf; always smiling, always laughing, always seeing the brightest parts of the world. He brought light my slightly dreary, slightly content life. And I thanked God every day that I got to experience something beyond my solitude, something beyond me.

Yusuf and I stared each other for quite some time before I let out a huff. He chuckled at that and leaned back in his chair.

After dropping that bombshell of a decision on us, they explained to us the plans they had. We would work under Mizan and Zayed bhai and build these hotels from the ground up. We'd work together, combining our talents, and when we finished, we would be equal partners of all five, co-managers. That was, if we agreed.

And so we were left alone to talk it out.

"So what do you say? Partners?" I looked to him.

"Do you even have to ask?" he broke out into a huge grin. "Look at us, making our way into the world, young and wild," he nodded happily.

"We're not that wild," I snorted.

His grin turned into his smile and he put a hand on my leg, over mine. "I told you we'd get through this. One way or another Inayah, it was meant to work out."

"One way or another. No kidding," I smiled at him. "I'm excited."

"Me too. Let's get this empire started," he laughed smugly and signed his part of the contract. I followed suit, feeling the surreal-ness of the moment.

------

I did a run through of the luggage and made sure we had everything. Spending two months in India meant bringing everything with us now or else living without it for two months.

"Did you pack the extra charger?"

"It's inside one of your shoes," I muttered, counting the amount of gifts I had in my luggage for the wedding.

"Great, thanks," he pressed a kiss to my cheek before shuffling into the bathroom. His nasty after-gym smell ruined the air around me. I picked up my purse and head downstairs. Aisha Bhabhi was running left and right making sure everything was done so I grabbed Nimi and kept her entertained while her mom figured everything out.

She pulled at my dupatta, flashing me her toothless smile. I stood with Nimi in my arms and watched Zinat bhabhi finalize something on the phone. We were leaving after lunch; all of us were going straight to India but Navsheen and her parents were coming from Dubai.

Ali came downstairs and sat down at the kitchen counter, looking for breakfast. His leg was jumping up and down like a kangaroo.

I sat down beside him, putting Nimi on the countertop so he could make faces at her. She giggled and gurgled while the chef placed breakfast down for us.

"Nervous about going to India I see," I kept my voice even and soft with him, making sure no one but the six month old in front of us could hear.

"Kinda. I just don't know what to expect," he gave a little shoulder shake which made me laugh.

"You'll be fine. Ain't no girls getting to you unless they pass me," I reassured him. He threw his head back with a laugh, which made Nimi squeal and laugh with him.

"Thanks Bhabhi. Maybe I'll just wait until you have a couple of your own little Nimis and then work on my own relationship status, what do you think Nimi?" he cooed at the little girl but I whacked him upside the head.

"Besharam," I flushed red and took Nimi from him so he could eat breakfast quickly.

------

"You look sleepy," Yusuf commented, as if it was breaking news.

"Thanks," I grumbled, leaning on his shoulder. We were taking the family plane since there were so many of us, including Ayaan bhai's family. We were sitting in the back and all I wanted to do was sleep. But six hours in and I still couldn't sleep.

He took a nice nap but I was too aware of the all the kids on the plane to catch a wink. Yusuf moved the armrest away from in between us and shifted so his head was in my lap and he was lying on his back.

"Here," he pulled out a box of tic tacs and handed it to me. I smiled at the gesture and happily popped one in my mouth. I needed something to make the dead feeling inside my mouth go away and he came prepared whenever we flew.

He opened his mouth for one and I threw one in for him too.

"Chachi, can I have one?" Sufyan was walking up and down the aisle and saw our candy.

"Here baby," I gave him a handful and he ran off excitedly to share with the other kids.

Yusuf watched with a smile as Sufyan pointed to us and smugly distributed the candy with the other kids. We obviously just gained some serious chacha-chachi points with them.

"One day," Yusuf sighed, turning so he was looking at me again. I played with his hair as I watched the kids too.

"One day," I nodded, giving him a smile.

"I mean we could always have some now," his smile got wider.

"How about we focus on growing up ourselves first," I suggested.

"Will you teach them Bhojpuri? I mean, it won't be that useful to them but it'll be hilarious for sure," he chuckled.

I shook my head at him, covering his face with my dupatta. "Go to sleep Yusuf."

"I see that blush Inayah. You can tell me that you want to make some babies with me too babe, that's okay," he continued the tormenting.

I was about to retort back when I felt his hand run along my leg, making me squirm in the seat. "Yusuf," I hissed.

"Both of you shut up. I'm bloody sleeping," Safiyana kicked the back of his seat, giving us the meanest possible glare she could from over the seats.

We looked at each other, holding back our laughs. One day though, one day....

And that's a wrap folks!!! Can't wait to get Ali's story up, which I will let you know when it is! The cover for it is attached somewhere in this chapter :) 

Thank you so much for the love and support on this one! I can't imagine the amount of hugs I would give if I could meet you all. 

Full discretion, I did not enjoy writing this story. I went through some amazing but also some of the worst times this year and this story became something it was never meant to be. I don't believe I did these characters, this book, or myself justice but I promise the next one will be so much better. For the record, Ali's story will deal with a lot more stuff than this did but I promise that will make it all the more better. There will also be more swearing and maybe more romance *hint hint.* 

Good For You will be up very soon, stay tuned :D