Misunderstandings

Sorry for the abundance of typos in this one guys! I can barely keep my eyes open right now :P But enjoy!!

"That's absurd. I can't be. I'm 20 bhabhi!" I paled, turning in circles and feeling myself slipping into hysterics. The phone rang and stopped her from replying to me. She went off to get the phone, leaving me in a panic.

She was on the phone for some time. There seemed to be some problem. I walked into the kitchen behind her and sat down, laying my cheek against the cold counter surface. The walls were turning a green.

"Mum, I'll call you later then. But rest assured, everything will be okay. And you need not worry about Mannat," she was speaking to her mother-in-law. After a couple more words, she hung up.

"Babe, let's call the pharmacy and have a test delivered home. Don't stress at all." She rubbed my back, dialling some number from the diary she grabbed. Speaking in Arabic, I'm assuming she ordered a couple tests.

"Okay, let's just not think about it," I sat up and shook the nerves off a bit, trying to stay calm and not puke again. "Everything okay?" I gestured to the phone.

"It was Ayaan's mother. His cousin Waseem, who we stayed with in the Maldives, ran a hotel there. There was a forest fire and ruined more than half the hotel. His parents are telling him to come back to the States now but he doesn't want to. Mum was saying to hook him up with some work here which is no problem at all," she explained.

"When's he coming?"

"First flight they can get. So probably tomorrow. He hates living in America so I don't doubt he'd run here if he had to," she chuckled. "We're going to stay longer so you two aren't stuck with him."

"I'm glad you guys are staying then," I smiled.

"Me too. Especially if there's going to be a new nephew or niece in the family," she grinned.

------

I wasn't pregnant. The test came the next morning, making me wait too, too may agony-filled hours for them. I took three and they were all negative. This worried Bhabhi, and so she called the family doctor.

When the doctor arrived, we went into a spare room upstairs so she could examine me. I had food poisoning, most likely a combination of oily wedding food and heat. The summer was hitting hard and my England blood was not ready.

Navsheen and Armaan were over too and so the house was lively and full of laughter. Even Yusuf was in a good mood today but he had no idea what was going on with me. Waseem had arrived in the time the doctor was here and so Safiyana bhabhi went to great him while the doctor finished up with me.

I walked the doctor out and then went up to give my prescription to a house staff. I was about to enter the living room when I bumped into Safiyana bhabhi hiding in the hallway.

I was about to open my mouth but she put a hand over it, pointing to the bathroom. I followed her line of sight.

Navsheen, tiny, short, bubbly little Navsheen was holding a towel in her hand for Waseem. He towered over her with a small, charming smile on his face. He took it and thanked her and then closed to the door behind him. She cleared her throat and went to turn around and so we ran to the kitchen.

"Well that was something," I raised an eyebrow at Bhabhi.

"I should've seen it coming from a mile away. Waseem is a pretty face," she shrugged. I giggled, grabbing some water for myself. Ayaan bhai entered the kitchen with Waseem and introduced me. The other boys followed, and Armaan threw his arm around my shoulders.