chapter 10

We can try, we can try, all that you know, we exist just to live, body and soul.

Taehyung gaped at the doctors in shock. A coma? He found himself gazing into space, as a million thoughts and questions ran rampage through his mind.

"How long was I out?" He choked out, tears prickling the corners of his eyes. What if he had been in a coma for months, or even years? That would mean he had wasted a portion of his life just because he wanted to die.

Ask the sky, ask the moon how they reflect. Someone one else's own mood, I have to relate.

"Six months." The doctor answered, scribbling away on a clipboard.

Taehyung wasn't sure if he was supposed to be relieved, or shocked. Six months was a long time, but it was certainly shorter then being in a coma for five years.

Taehyung had so many more questions, and he didn't hesitate in asking them.

"Why was I in a coma?"

And I've seen, through distant seams. Wild nights, lose gravity. So race for the shoreline if you want more.

"You tried to kill yourself, son." The doctor replied, looking up for a moment to meet  Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung glanced down at the scars that ran up both of his arms, and suddenly everything made sense. Except for one thing. Where was Jungkook?

"Today you were scheduled to have one visitor only, but since you woke up, the other boy who has been pleading to see you, is able to visit today." The doctor rambled, checking up on Taehyung's normal health.

"Everything looks good, so I'll leave you alone."

Resound, resound my soul, we learn, we love, we fight. We live, we die, resound.

The doctor began to walk out of the room, but before he did, he turned again to talk to Taehyung.

"You are a very lucky young man. Not many people wake up from a coma just like waking up from a nap. Normally, there's memory loss, or you can't function properly, but you seem fine."

Taehyung nodded, fiddling with the many wires hooked up to him.

"Also, many teens don't survive when they try to kill themselves."

The words echoed in Taehyung's mind, the feeling of shame taking over his body. He was supposed to be dead.

"Your visitor will be here in two hours."

And with that, the doctor left Taehyung alone with the blinking fluorescent lights, white walls, and his thoughts.

I can feel it in my bones, so much left unknown. We continue to grow old, at least I have found my gold.

∆∆∆

Jungkook sat in the waiting room, tapping his foot up and down and wringing his hands in nervousness. Today was the first day he would be able to see Taehyung during his full year stay at the hospital.

And according to the doctor, Taehyung had woken up from his coma.

He remembered the last conversation they had shared, over the phone that one night six months ago, and now here he was, practically shaking from nerves because he could barely remember what Taehyung even looked like.

"Jeon Jungkook?" The nurses voice rang out through the waiting room, startling him from his thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Kim Taehyung is ready for you."

Jungkook stood up, making a poor attempt to quickly fix his hair, and following the woman in the light purple scrubs.

They walked through a long hall, passing a number of other doctors and nurses running about, and even a few patients in wheelchairs, milling about.

"We are pleased to tell you that Taehyung suffered no kind of memory loss, and it perfectly fine for someone who just woke up from a six month coma." The nurse chuckled, leading the way.

Finally, they reached room 73, where Taehyung was being kept, the door closed.

"He's all yours for the next hour and a half." The nurse said, opening the door for Jungkook, and shutting it behind him.

Taehyung was currently sitting down at the small desk that was placed in front of the window, gazing out at the scenery below him. He was able to see the park, the city, and even his school in the distance.

Jungkook stood rooted to the spot, not knowing what to say. Should I say hi? Should I be angry? Should I let him do the talking? Thoughts fired in every which way as Jungkook found his feet carrying him towards Taehyung.

Once he was standing next to him, he was able to see his face once again, and it was like nothing had changed. He still had his bright orange hair, the same soft brown eyes, and the same stoic expression on his face.

"I missed you." Jungkook finally said, his voice coming out in a mere whisper.

Taehyung turned to look at Jungkook, his eyes seemed to be scanning Jungkook, quickly flitting up and down, and suddenly he broke out into a smile.

"I missed you too."

∆∆∆

(Song - Gold by Vinyl Theatre)