chapter 11

This chapter is dedicated to -ichiio because they mentioned the song in a comment way back when.

Thank you for commenting on this story babe <3

∆∆∆

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes.

Taehyung and Jungkook spent the rest of the hospital visit in each other's embrace. Neither of them wanted to let go, and they didn't for a very long time.

Soon, Taehyung was released from the confines of the hospital, and back out into the world. Jungkook was by his side every step of the way, from when the nightmares started, and all the way until he couldn't anymore.

We keep this love in a photograph, we make these memories for ourselves. Where our eyes are never closing, our hearts are never broken, and time's forever frozen still.

But Taehyung forgot to be there for Jungkook and his demons. Jungkook still didn't sleep at night, and even though he had Taehyung sleeping by his side, the shadows still crept out of the same corners, and his thoughts were darker then ever.

Months passed, and eventually years, and both Taehyung & Jungkook found themselves graduating from high school, ready to go out into the world and leave their mark on it.

Except, Jungkook never got the chance to.

So you can keep me inside the pockets of your ripped jeans, holding me closer 'til our eyes meet, and you won't ever be alone.

One night, on January 5th, 2016, Taehyung was returning home from the small job he was currently holding to keep them both financially sustained. It was snowing that night, and Taehyung found himself beaming as he drove home.

A part of him found that he was falling in pure love with Jungkook.

Wait for me to come home.

Taehyung stopped by a small flower shop, picking up a bouquet of purple orchids, as a gift to Jungkook.

His favorite flower was the orchid.

Over the short time they spent together, Taehyung learned bits & pieces of Jungkook. What he liked, what he didn't enjoy, what made excitement bubble up inside him, and what made him wish to cry for days on end.

Soon enough, Taehyung stopped seeing him as the dead boy he had met in his science class, but rather as the person he loved.

Where our eyes are never closing, our hearts are never broken, and time's forever frozen still.

Unfortunately, love cannot save the ones who wish to die.

So, it was on that snowy night, in January, when Taehyung walked into the small apartment that they both shared, he wasn't expecting to find Jungkook lying in a pool of his own blood in the bathroom.

Shock, sadness, and anger poured over Taehyung in a sudden wave, and he was suddenly reminded of the last dream he had at the hospital.

"This is what happens when you leave people behind, Taehyung."

Taehyung sunk down to his knees, tears prickling at the corners of his eyes as he stared down at Jungkook in disbelief and sadness.

Jungkook was gone.

Taehyung couldn't hold himself back any longer, and he began to see that his tears were mixing with Jungkook's blood.

He didn't know how long he sat there, crying on his knees over his dead lover's body, crying over the loss of something that was beautiful.

And as he sat there, he remembered that the beginning was just as beautiful as the end.

You can fit me inside the necklace you got when you were sixteen, next to your heartbeat where I should be, keep it deep within your soul.

Taehyung found a little sticky note lying on the counter next to razor, as he stood up to call the ambulance and try to get a hold of himself, but the longer he tried to hold on, to not break down, the faster he found himself falling apart.

So instead, he decided to read the note Jungkook left him.

Dear Taehyung,

Remember how I always hated farewells? Well this one isn't any different. I hate saying goodbye, particularly to the people I love.

So let me keep it short and simple.

Let me start, and end this farewell by saying I love you, and I always will.

Your one and only,
Jungkook.

Blue & red flashing lights lit up behind the curtained windows as Taehyung found himself collapsing again, the sticky note crumbled up in his fist.

And if you hurt me, that's okay baby, only words bleed, inside these pages, you just hold me, and I won't ever let you go.

Wait for me to come home.

~THE END ~

∆∆∆

(Song - Photograph by Ed Sheeran)