First time at the mall

Chapter 5

Mason's POV

Today i couldnt help but watch how Echo responded to certain people. She seemed to favor people who told jokes or treated her like a baby. Teddy seems to be her favorite person so far. It would be an understatement to say im jealous. The worst part is every time i touch her i feel the sparks and mate bond but because of her conditions she doesnt feel anything. She most likely never will.

At the moment shes sitting next to me playing twenty questions with Paul, my dad, and i.

"Whats your favorite color?" Paul asked.

"Teal." Echo snapped

"Teddy, whats your name?"

"Andrew." my dad responded. Quite honestly i think he likes the nickname.

Echo nods. "Are you married?"

"I am. My wife is Penelope Vermony and Mason here is my son youngest son." he replied with a dreamy expression as he though of my mom.

"Can i meet your family?" Echo asked me.

I nodded. "I could see if they would like to meet us at the mall." i suggested.

"Andrew. Whats a mall?"

***One hour later***

Echo's POV

I now know why Penny never brought me to the mall. There are large masses of children. Fargo was one thing two hundred Fargos is another. Its also loud and dirty. But i bested the dirt, Mason has been carrying me in what he call a piggy back ride since we got here. I still dont see the resemblance between him and a pig but i also saw a resemblance between a male toddler and a female teen. I may not have the best skills when in comes to people comparison.

Mason says we are meeting his uncle and two older brothers. Paul came with us; he looks like excited. I dont like that.

"Echo... you see those three guys. Thats Dylan, Harris and Parker." Mason says pointing at three tall men that looked alot like him. One had black hair and dark blue eyes and was the size of a tree. A different on had brown hair and light blue eyes and the last one had blonde hair and blue eyes.

They got closer and one gestured towards a table then the sat down. We got closer than did the same.

"Whats your name pretty lady?"the blonde with blue eyes asked

"Echo." i responded looking him dead in the eye. He smiled.

"Im Parker, this is Dylan." he pointed at the one with the same hair and eye color as Mason. "And this is uncle Harris."

I looked at Dylan.

"My twin brother has the same name as you."

"Cool, where is he?"

"Dead." i stated frowning. I miss Dylan. He pushed me in elephant dung and threw up on daddy one time. When i had night terrors he would hold me until they were over then tell me a story to get me to fall back asleep. He called my his BUS and i called him my BUB. Best Unforgetable Brother and Best Unforgetable Sister.

"Lets explore this dirty caver!!!" I shouted. Penny tells me to think of new things if i feel like crying. Thats what im gonna do.