Chapter 6

"Behind my eyelids are islands of violence"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a full perigee since Karkat confessed to his jealousy of Aradia and it had also been a full perigee since Karkat stopped talking to Sollux. Karkat knew this was immature, he knew he should probably talk things through with Sollux but he just couldn't. The cancer troll spent hours messaging Gamzee to make himself better and Gamzee was always happy to help him out. The candy corn horned troll ended up blocking Sollux, hearing the dings on his computer blare out every five seconds and knowing it was Sollux had hurt him too much.

He had to admit, Karkat missed Sollux. He missed him so much. He missed their conversations and Sollux's mid evening grumpiness. He missed Sollux constantly sending him his amazing codes and Karkat complaining that Sollux was being a show off again. He missed his best friend and he could have him back if it weren't for his stubborn attitude.

Karkat was laying down on the floor and looking up at the ceiling, wondering exactly what his purpose in life was again before he heard a small ding. It couldn't be Sollux because he had blocked the yellow blooded troll so it was most likely Eridan. The cancer troll sighed and pushed himself up then walked to the desk. He checked the monitor and was surprised to see it was Tavros instead of the expected sea dweller. He really didn't want to deal with Tavros' FLARPing bullshit right now. Clicking on the Taurus troll's user name- and sighing heavily, Karkat prepared himself for the bullshit wonders of Pupa Pan's FLARPing adventures with Vriska.

adiosToreador [AT] began trolling carcinoGeneticist [CG]

AT: aG JUST JUMPED ME OFF A CLIFF,
AT: wITH MY BRAIN,
AT: aND, uHH
AT: mY LEGS, aLSO,
AT: aND NOW, tHEY FEEL,
AT: iNVISIBLE,
AT: wOW, i'M SURE THERE WAS A BETTER WAY TO SAY THAT,
AT: aNYWAY,
AT: tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
AT: tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
AT: oF ME GETTING HURT,
CG: HEY ASSHOLE, STOP PLAYING GAMES FOR GIRLS.

carcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased trolling adiosToreador [AT]

Karkat really didn't feel up the task of humouring Tavros during his FLARPing time, especially not since she was in his team for their little game. No, Karkat wasn't going to think of Aradia or Sollux or anyone for that matter. The cancer troll pushed himself up and shut off his husktop, he wasn't going to deal with any kind of useless relationship problems right now, he was just going to hole himself up in his respiteblock and watch his favourite romantic comedy, maybe even take a nap afterwards.

After gathering the necessary materials for a proper movie night Karkat wheeled his TV over to the comfiest corner of his respiteblock and plopped himself down, a large bowl of popcorn on his lap. This would surely help ease him out of the sour mood he had pushed himself into, right?

Wrong.

Ten minutes into the movie and Karkat was dreading the decision. This film only reminded him of his conversation with Sollux. He tried to focus on the characters, Troll Adam Sandler and his silly antics he used to try to swoon Troll Drew Barrymore but this only more reminded him of his ignorant romance drama. He looked down at the big bowl of popcorn in his lap and frowned, he hadn't even had any.

Karkat sighed pushed the bowl away, leaning over to turn off the small TV when he heard scuttling outside. Crabdad was back. The cancer troll quickly stood up and walked over to the two large doors that separated his block and the extraterraneal landing slat outside. Once the doors were open the giant crab lusus was able to freely scuttle in, his large legs making loud clicking sounds against the floor. The crab stopped in it's tracks and glanced down and looked down at the grub he adopted so long ago. It was evident on Karkat's face that something was wrong.