Chapter 8

"Hello, we haven't talked in quite some time...hello I've been traveling in the deserts of my mind....and I haven't found a drop, of you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So I see you're going to continue your daily habits here on this meteor out in the open." Karkat leaned against the back of Sollux's office chair and peered at the monitor over his friend's shoulder as the psionic continued clacking away at the keyboard. "Not even the destruction of our planet will stop you from doing your mandatory nightly coding."

"First of all I'm not coding. These shitty ass husktops were wiped clean and I'm here trying to figure out a way to restore whatever the fuck was on them." Sollux stopped his typing and swivelled around and faced Karkat, causing Karkat to lose his balance for a moment. "Second of all, no. Not even the death of my race and the explosion of my planet will stop me from coding." Karkat snickered, rolling his eyes. These were one of the rare moments that everyone else was out the room, off to their own blocks or visiting their planets, and it was just the two trolls.

"Amazing." Karkat plopped down in the chair besides Sollux and scooted closer. They sat in silence for a while, the only sound was the loud clacking of the keyboard. Karkat had to admit, he rather enjoyed watching Sollux work on the husktop. The concentration on the Gemini's face was fascinating. Karkat could've set himself on fire and danced in the nude in front of his friend and that wouldn't of broken his concentration. Of course there was one thing that broke the psionic's focus.

"Fuck." Sollux mumbled as he read the fuchsia text on screen. Karkat frowned, already knowing what was going to happen next. Sollux spun in his chair to face his friend, the lisped words not even leaving his mouth before Karkat nodded. "Jesus dick with sprinkles thank you." Sollux quickly logged off of his Trollian before jumping out of his chair and practically flying out the room. It was always the exact same routine. Whenever Karkat and Sollux had a moment alone something came up. Whether it be Feferi or Equius needing help to re-program AradiaBot it was always something. Today it just so happened to be Feferi. Karkat sighed and slid in front of the computer Sollux was previously using and logged in, clicking on Eridan's username before beginning to type. Sollux had asked his dear friend Karkat to attempt to keep the genocidal Prince of Hope busy whenever he had his alone time with the Witch of Life. Of course Karkat's first reaction was to be incredulous. Did Sollux really expect that? After what happened with Aradia, Karkat couldn't believe it. But the cancer troll did agree, he couldn't just let Eridan stomp all over Sollux's well deserved happiness after all.

- - carcinoGeneticist[CG] began trolling caligulasAquarium[CA] - - 

CG: HEY DOUCHEBAG, ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR AT THE MOMENT?
CA: im on LOWWAA killin all a these angels if that helps answwer your question
CG: GREAT! SO YOU *AREN'T* DOING ANYTHING.
CA: i just said I wwas killin angels, numbskull.
CG: STILL NOTHING. LIKE I'VE SAID A BAZILLION TIMES BEFORE, KILLING THOSE FUCKING ANGELS DO ***NOTHING***. LIKE, *AT ALL*. SO THEREFORE YOU ARE IN FACT DOING NOTHING.  
CA: wwell i mean wwhat else wwere they here for? theyre aggressivve as shit an no one else wwill come onto my planet to help me kill these bastards.
CG: THEY'RE AGGRESSIVE BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING MURDERING THEM YOU DOUCHEBAG. AND OF COURSE NO ONE WILL GO ONTO THE LAND OF PISSED OFF ANGELS AND S GENOCIDAL GODDAMN PRINCE WITH A GUN. THEY DON'T WANT TO FUCKING DIE.
CA: it isnt that bad here though! all a you pansies keep complainin about it here yet ya havent evven set foot on my fuckin planet!
CG: OH ERIDAN, POOR STUPID ERIDAN.
CG: I'M CHANGING THE TOPIC.
CG: DO YOU WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME AND TAKE A BREAK FROM MURDERING SEMI INNOCENT ANGELS AND COME TO LOPAH?
CA: youre invvitin me to your planet to hang out?
CA: i thought that no one wwas like allowwed there cause a the fuckin blood thats sloshin all ovver the damn place, it makes ya self conscious as shit.
CG: WELL I HAVE TO GET MYSELF EVENTUALLY. AND THERE  ARE PEOPLE ALLOWED ON LOPAH FOR YOUR INFORMATION.
CA: the clowwn is the only one thats been on your planet.
CG: THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S AN IDIOT AND I WAS WATCHING HIM AND HE WOULDN'T AUTOMATICALLY SAW "EWW WWHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT". NO, INSTEAD HE SAID "HOLY FUCK THIS COLOR IS MIRACULOUS" OR SOME SHIT LIKE THAT.
CA: aww kar, you like him.
CG: FUCK OFF, SHIT STAIN. DO YOU WANT TO COME TO LOPAH OR NOT?
CA: yeah yeah ill come over to your blood planet.
CG: GREAT, I'LL MEET YOU HERE IN TWENTY MINUTES.
CA: wwhatevver.
CA: see ya then.
CG: LATER DUDE.