2

I walked into my house with my bag hanging on my shoulder for dear life. I walked past the silent living room, down the hallway, past my mom's bedroom and into mine. I lied my bag against my mahogany bed side table and hopped right into the shower.

I loved my solitude. It made me feel so much more relaxed. I guess I always had time for solitude though, considering the fact that I was the only child and my mom usually worked at times like this.. when I'd just be coming home from school.

I was used to having the place to myself unless I invited Lucas and Caden over like I did today. Other than that, this is where I reigned.

When I got out of the shower fifteen minutes later, I noticed that I only had a few more hours to myself before Luke and Cay got here. Together, they loved to tag team on me. That was one thing I hated about them being brothers.

Growing up, those two had a thing for arguing with each other. Neither of them were bigger than the other back then, so neither of them visually were the older brother.

Then I came along.

I was their playmate or punching buddy as they called it. We'd each get a chance to hit one another with as much force as we could and undeniably, I was the weakest so I was hit the hardest.

They never had to argue with each other again.

I slid on a white fitted tank top, gray Old Navy lounge shorts, and I pulled my hair up into a messy bun.

I left out of my bathroom and my phone began to flash from its LED light in my bag. I pulled it out and read the caller ID: Ma

"Hello." I answered while walking out of my room and into the kitchen.

"Hey baby girl, are you okay?" she asked. Her background held a few voices and the shuffling of papers. I knew she was at her desk.

I opened the refrigerator and searched for a snack which was hard to choose from because my mom literally kept this thing packed. I remember going grocery shopping with her which is indeed, a task. If we arrive at the store at 11 AM, we were leaving at around 1:45 PM. She wants to buy any and everything.

That was the main reason I chose to go grocery shopping on my own. I knew what I wanted so I got in and out. But don't get me wrong, when it came to the mall, that was a completely different story.

"I'm straight, I just got home not to long ago." I informed her, grabbing my leftover Chick Fil A salad that I bought yesterday.

I was a Chick Fil A fanatic. I could honestly eat it every single day and be perfectly fine. Their lines were always long, but it was definitely worth it. Not to mention that I always ordered the same exact thing each time: Cobb salad with honey mustard dressing, a small fry because their fries were even bomb, and a small lemonade because.. well if you know about Chick Fil A, you know that their lemonade is untouched.

"How's work?" she sighed, but I could tell that she was smiling on the other end.

"Just be glad you don't have to go to work. All I'm going to say." I laughed at her attitude. She was literally an older version of me.

"You making that money, girl." I heard her giggle and shuffle some papers around.

"You right. As much as I can." I placed my salad on the counter and pulled a fork out of the drawer. I rinsed it off at the sink and walked into the living room with my food.

"So, who did you invite over?" she asked.

"You know, just Luke and Cay."

"Oh, okay that's good. Make sure you have food for them. You know how they get when they're hungry."

I laughed at her. "They're buying the food for the first time in a long time. They know how I get when I'm hungry."

"Lucky you, girl. But, Nina I have to get back to work. Have a good time, I love you sweetheart."

I flicked through the channel guide trying to find something good to watch ... I settled on Netflix instead.

"I love you too." With that, we hung up and I snuggled into the sofa as Grey's Anatomy began to play, my all time fav.

Forty-five minutes later, my phone began to flash again. I pulled it out from my pocket and read the caller ID: Luke.

"What's up?" I answered, as I lied on the couch, half awake.

That nap was great.

"Nina, what kind of pizza do you want?" he asked.

"You're only choosing one, so don't take all day with your answer. We're at the counter about to order now."

I sucked my teeth.

"Buffalo Chicken."

There was a slight pause before I heard his voice again.

"Aight, we'll be there in ten."

"Aight." We hung up and I continued to eat, picking up where I left off.
___________________

Social Media:
Instagram: neiarenee
Twitter: taneiartxo