s i x

(um, guys, for some reason on my ipod it doesn't put the italics or bold, and it seems to cut every chapter way too short. if this happens to you too, im sorry, but I hope the next update fixes that. if it doesn't, don't worry about it! ^^ continue my ducklings~)

s i x

"He didn't love me, did he?" Jamie's chestnut fringe was hanging effortlessly in front of his eyes, covering the tears that were bound to flow. He didn't like his older cousin seeing him like this; weak, sad, and small. He looked up to her and this isn't what she did when something bothered her. He wanted to put on a smile for everyone else like she did, show everyone that it was okay, but he didn't know how bad of a habit it could become of someone. If he started it to hide the disappointment he had in his father, El would be devastated.

He thought she'd say what everyone else said: "Of course he loved you!" He had asked his mother, his aunt, and his sister (only got a kick in response- it sure is a pain having to communicate through a round belly). His cousin would've been the first person he would've came to, but she was with his uncle collecting dinner. Once Elsie arrived at the Bennett's doorstep, though, the frowning 8-year old dragged her to his room. El, unlike everyone else, was not going to sugar coat it and tell him information she was not sure of. So she answered him with a sad smile, a tight hug, and the whispered words, "I don't know. I don't know."

February 18, 2013

Jack said he wasn't coming today, but the reason wasn't very truthful.

Elsie said she didn't feel well, but that was a lie.

Jamie said he wanted to stay home and take care of El, but was told no.

Sophie said she could make her cousin feel better with her pixie dust, but it didn't work.

Jackson Overland Frost was not too far from the Bennett's welcoming barn-styled home, hanging upside down from trees and sliding across the frozen pond he arose from 300 or so years ago. He constantly took a step onto the grass that was damp from the dew, attempting to go to his pal's house, but always stepped back. He constantly ended up swinging from trees in thought, his frown looking like a smile since he wasn't upright. He constantly banged his staff against the ice, hoping it'd break for once, but to no avail, he went and tried another spot. He wanted to go to talk to her, since his mind has been no where else since, and his perspective hasn't changed for the feelings. He still wants it all to end. That's what he wanted to talk about to her, because he just couldn't believe it himself. He wanted proof, and only she could give him that.

Elsie Vessa Abernathy was in the living room on the comfy red velvet couch, snuggled up into the corner of the armrest with a big blanket and a tub of rocky road. Her eyes were clouded and her eyelids slipped over the top of them, giving her the "I don't really care" look, but she really did care no matter how much you thought she didn't. Her body limbs were pulled into her chest, giving her warmth and a sense of security, but they felt numb and like jelly no matter what she wanted you to believe. Her hair was messy and still in a bun, and you'd think she was comfortable the way she was, but she felt she could be more comfortable with someone else no matter how much that thought frightened her. She wished he didn't bail on this week's visit, because she seriously wanted to discuss the matter. It scared her too much not to.

Jamie Hanson Bennett was sitting in his switch class, his bum quite sore from the wooden seats and his mind too overflowed with all the new information he was getting. His focus was on his teacher writing math equations on the board, always getting excited when one of the students knew the correct answer. Everyone in the room seemed to understand but Jamie, and that single thought worried him so much he decided to pay attention to something else. Every time his eyes would land on the coral blue clock, the finger-tapping on his desk would increase. Every time his lips parted so he could let out an annoyed (but hopefully not noticeable, since he didn't want his teacher getting onto him) sigh, he found the air more tense when he inhaled for another breath. Every time Mrs. Goldenberg looked around the room to pick someone to answer, he felt the nerves running up and down his spine. He wasn't focusing on her lesson anymore- it was all too confusing.