The Rumor

(Authors note: This is a collaboration between PaperThoughts and AnniMae1)
(Authors note ii: This is also a teacher au(alternate universe) where Kyoya and Tamaki never met each other before their jobs as teachers.)

Welcome to Ouran High, where we have quality food, somewhat sanitary bathrooms, elegant stairways, and... A secret.
The whispers and murmurs tell about their affection and Disney-like relationship. When they pass each other walking down the hall everyone turns to whisper and giggle. They both scowl and glare at each other as they walk down the hallway. Everyone knows they are in love each other. They don't. They hate each other. Or so they say...

"Oh my gosh they are so cute together!"
"Why aren't they married yet?!"
"I need to write another fanfic about them!"
"Did you see how they looked at each other!?"

Kyoya Ootori heard every single annoying squeal and gossip from the students as he walked past Tamaki Suoh for the fiftieth time that day. He despised how he saw his face fifty too many times. He hates how he has to work with him. And he knows the feeling is mutual. Kyoya knows that Tamaki hates him too and he shows that. They don't miss a chance to glare each other or brutality shove shoulders in the hallway or loudly point out each others flaws. That's how it is. And that's how it always will be.

"Good morning Mr. Ootori!" called a small group of students to Kyoya. He smirked, showing off his dashing but fake smile, and waved his hand at them and then swiftly walked past them on his way to class.

Kyoya checked his watch as he speed-walked to his classroom. It was 8 o' clock in the morning and he was incredibly late to his first class he had to attend: homeroom. Hopefully, his students weren't wrecking havoc while he was gone for that short period of time. They almost always were a pain but he enjoyed teaching so he dealt with it. A math teacher needed patience and profession and that had his name written all over it.

He heard a chuckle as he passed a familiar classroom. Outside of the classroom door stood a tall, blonde, smug, annoying man. "You're late again, I see? That level of unprofessionalism. Incredible." The man taunted. Tamaki was a thorn in his side that he couldn't deal with.

"You ignorant mop-head, my grandmother died." He growled back to the blonde. That was a lie. He just wanted Tamaki to feel just as bad - or even worse - than he did. Besides, he needed an excuse accidentally sleeping in late.

Color left the blonde's face. "Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that Kyoya. I didn't know, I'm sorry." His head panned down to his feet in shame.

Kyoya knew he guilt tripped him. And not even rightfully so. He sighed regretfully and walked back to where the other man stood. His heart ached strangely seeing that man hurt and embarrassed. He put that feeling astray and approached the blonde. Kyoya put his hand on the others shoulder, awkwardly trying to comfort him.

"Hey, it's okay. Listen, you didn't know and it's fine. I just... It's okay. Okay? Suoh, are you listening to me?" The blonde looked into his eyes. Kyoya stared into what seemed like a gorgeous, sparkling ocean. He was entranced by the eyes of the enemy. Their eyes were fixed on each other for what seemed like forever. Kyoya noticed little things he hadn't before about him. How his eyes were so bright and blue he could swim in them, his complexion was so soft, his hair was so...perfect.

I haven't noticed how incredibly beautiful he is. Kyoya marveled to himself. So perfect... Wait...

"Tamaki..." Kyoya whispered.

Tamaki's eyes snapped back to reality and shifted them away from Kyoya's. "I have to go. I'm sorry, again. I have to go and keep those kids in order... Cause you know kids are all... Like that..." Tamaki forced a chuckle as he slipped back into the classroom.

Kyoya swallowed nervously and nodded as Tamaki retreated into the classroom. What was I thinking? What was I doing? He thought to himself repeatedly as he hurried to his classroom.

When he reached the room he swiftly swung the door open. It smacked against the wall loudly and suddenly the chaotic room became silent. "You." He pointed to a random kid. "You're in charge." The kids face lit up and swerved around to look at his friends with giddy disbelief. Kyoya marched out of the room to find the only person that could help with this...situation.