Miss You Already (Slight Cheesiness)

"So, in a week I'll be moving out far away from here, and thankfully, far away from Tamaki." 

Haruhi put a hand on his arm to comfort him. He didn't realize he was shaking. Just when Haruhi opened her mouth to console him, she looked up and saw Tamaki standing at the door. Her expression must've been pretty extreme because Kyoya looked over to see why she was so surprised. All the air seemed to leave his body when he saw Tamaki standing there. He only could gape at the other man.

"Ah, I'm sorry I interrupted something..." Tamaki apologized quietly. "I just... needed to ask a question Miss Haruhi but this doesn't seem like a good time..."

Tamaki turned and walked away with his head hanging, muttering, "...if that's how you feel." Leaving Kyoya and Haruhi in utter silence and shock. 

Later that day, Tamaki is neck deep in grading papers, trying to distract himself from the heart breaking pain. Before school let out, the principal announced over the loud speakers that Mr. Kyoya Ootori would be taking an indefinite leave in a week. The news made his heart shatter in a million pieces for no fathomable reason. Now the only things he'll have left of Kyoya is the bittersweet memories. 

Two hours later Tamaki finally came to the conclusion that he should take a paid leave to get away from all of this stress. Maybe then he can get Kyoya out of his head. Maybe then the gut wrenching feeling in him would go away. 

After another hour of browsing potential vacation areas in Japan he finally found one that was perfect. It was the ideal getaway place to clear his brain from all of these thoughts that have been circling his mind. 

Back at his home, Kyoya lay in bed staring at the ceiling, unable to get the pained face of Tamaki out his mind. 

I cannot believe I said that, Kyoya thought to himself. I cannot believe he heard me. I'm so selfish for making him worry, and yet I'm leaving so I do not act upon my feelings. I'm doing this for him.  

Although he was trying to reassure himself that he was truly doing the right thing, a voice in the back of his mind told him that he was just scared, that he wasn't doing anyone a favor for leaving. Kyoya brushed away those feelings of regret when he finally sat up to continue packing for the upcoming leave. With every pair of slacks and button-up shirts he folded up and set in his bag another part of Kyoya's heart broke. 

By the end of the night he could barely contain the tears pricking his eyes.