Help & Advice

Kyoya makes his way to the library swiftly and cautiously. Students looked up questionably as he entered the library, he almost was never there at this early. He looked around and spotted that specific person he wanted to inquire. Miss Haruhi Fujioka was shelving books on the other side of the room silently, her back turned to him. He made is way over to where she stood. When he put his hand on her shoulder to get her to recognize his presence she jumped and whipped around to look at him wide-eyed.

"Don't ever do that again." Haruhi stated breathlessly. "You scared me."

"I'm very sorry to bother you, Miss Fujioka, but I need some important advice." He whispered. At those words her face lit up like the Forth of July. It was true, he never asked advice from anyone ever but this was a special case.

"What do you need? I have books on math AP calculus or books on psychological brain stuff or I don't know, birds?" She offered happily. "I have whatever you need Mr. Ootori."

"I don't need a book I need your advice." He told her, avoiding her eyes. This made her eyes sparkle a bit with curiosity and made her smile with understanding. "Can we go to a more isolated area?" Kyoya asked nervously looking around to make sure no one was close enough to hear their conversation. Because how dare anyone know that Mr. Independent needed some words of wisdom from the librarian. Truthfully, everyone went to the librarian at least one time to listen to her wise words of wisdom but it was different with him. He didn't rely on anyone for anything but then again there's always that exception.

Haruhi put down the books that she had been recently shelving and lead Kyoya to one of the offices in the back. As she was fumbling with her keys to unlock the door they heard two familiar voices behind them.

"Woah." Both of the voices mused. "What kind of scandals things are the math teacher and librarian doing over here?"

Haruhi and Kyoya turned to be face to face with the twin gym teachers, who looked quite amused with what they found. "We were just talking." Kyoya told the skeptic twins.

"Ah yes, just 'talking'." One of the twins said making air quotes, the other laughed. "And what does this 'talking' imply?"

"Simply talking about..." Kyoya paused to think of an excuse. His eyes drifted to a book about Antartica. "Global warming. We were going to discuss climate change and other weather disasters and we were collaborating on this for teaching benefits."

Haruhi stepped in. "With all due respect Mr. Ootori, but it's not that big of a secret it doesn't really matter if they know you don't have to make an excuse to cover it."

"Oooh what are we covering here?" The twins inquired in unison.

Kyoya cleared his the throat nervously and peered over at Haruhi. "I can tell them if you don't want to Mr. Ootori." She insisted quietly, looking up at him.

"That's not at all needed, but, thank you for the offer." He assured her. I should have never talked to anyone in the first place why did I ever think this was a good idea. Kyoya thought, Maybe if I just tell them that I need another teaching tactic or something to increase interest in the students or anything else. No. I owe her one for all of those other times she secretly helped me out with financial and literature things. And she can practically see through everyone.

"Let's get into the office first." Kyoya insisted. They all obliged and stepped into the room. Haruhi closed the door and turned to Kyoya. Everyone one was in fact looking at Kyoya, waiting for what they all wanted to hear. "Okay." Kyoya paused, avoiding eye contact with anyone. "I need advice-"

"This is rich. This is so great!" The twins exclaimed, looking at each other with a smirk. Realizing they just interrupted Kyoya they became silent again and turned to look at him.

"As I was saying," Kyoya began again, with a look of distaste. "I need advice for a certain problem I have with someone in particular."

"Who is this particular person?" Haruhi questioned. "I understand if you don't want to tell us but we could help you out better if we knew who we were talking about."

"Okay so before I say who it is I'll tell you that I'm only close to this person for job benefits and also he buys me food, which is annoying, but it saves money. He probably hates me but that is probably for the better. I don't want to get too attached to him." Kyoya confessed.

One of the twins spoke up. "It's Tamaki isn't it?"

Kyoya flushed at that and turned away.

"Oh my God. It is!" The other one exclaimed. "Aw does someone have a little crush?"

"Shut up and listen. I hate him. I truly do but he's probably sent by Satan or someone to torture me because he's always there and he buys me things and talks to me more than anyone and is always coincidentally there in the teacher lounge when I'm eating lunch and I don't know why because he hates me too, he even said he did." Kyoya ranted.

"You really believe that dramatic idiot hates you?" Haruhi questioned. "Mr. Ootori, I know that Mr. Suoh is over dramatic and he takes things way too seriously and likes to guilt trip people but he doesn't hate you. I don't think he hates anyone, really. But it actually seems like he likes you."

"What. No he can't." Kyoya stuttered.

The twins nodded. "Yeah he does. And you seem to really like him too."

He can't like me. How long have we known each other? 976 days. Thats quite a long time but I shouldn't get caught up with him. He's such an idiot and so dramatic and I can barely deal with him. But I do anyway, don't I? What is wrong with me? Kyoya stressed to himself.

"Or he's just being overly friendly to you like he is with me." Haruhi pointed out.

"Yes," Kyoya agreed. "You're most definitely right." She must be right.