Prologue

The week was busy for the many working people in the "organization". And many were anxious and scared, scared that this will not work, scared that maybe this will be the end of humanity.

"Hey John! What was that casserole your wife made last night, my wife has been begging me to ask you." Robert said as he took a sip of his coffee.

"I don't know, I can ask her for you. But I'd have to agree, it was amazing!" John said back.

The began walking back to the control room, their cups of coffee in their hands.

"So, who do you think will make the sacrifice this year? I don't think America will make it at all!" John laughed.

Robert laughed along with his co-worker, "Depending on if these kids are fucking geniuses, we'll see. But I swear, if Japan gets it again this year I will be so pissed." The middle-aged man muttered.

They entered the control room and took their seats. "Good afternoon gentlemen, How are you all?" Ms. Sterling asked.

"Quite fine, Ms.Sterling. Everything down in the lab ready?" Robert asked back.

Ms.Sterling nodded, and took her seat at one of the control panels. "What if it doesn't work this year? What if this is finally the end of times? The end of days?" Ms.Sterling asked.

"Did your boyfriend break up with you again, Ms.Sterling?" John asked.

Ms.Sterling sent him daggers, "If you may know, I am now happily engaged! But, I'm just worried. We could fail this time around." Ms.Sterling explained.

Robert rolled his eyes, "Don't get your panties in a twist, Ms.Sterling. The main focus right now, is to get this the fuck over with." Robert said.

"ALL PERSONEL PLEASE REPORT TO STATIONS, TARGETS ARE ON THE WAY!" A voice boomed over the intercom.

"Show time!" Robert yelled with a smirk on his face.

*A/N: Hi! So, I decided to be a nice person and post early. I said I would publish this in August, but I changed my mind. And I hope you enjoy this story, and Please be mature about this.*