Chapter 2

Sitting in a chair was a boy with reddish brown hair who was just as pale as the whole family. He was beautiful. Leaning against the chair was a girl with blond curls who was absolutely gorgeous. On the couch sat Alice next to a boy with gold hair holding hands. Sitting in another chair was a very muscular man. Esme and Carlisle were standing my the stairs waiting for my arrival.
"Hello Brighton. I believe you enjoy your room?" Carlisle asked. I nodded. "There is a warm plate of spaghetti on the table waiting for you." Esme told me. "Thank you," I said walking into the kitchen.
There on the table, just like Esme promised, was a plate of spaghetti and meatballs with steam arising from it. I pulled out the chair and sat down. I picked up the fork and dug in. I hadn't had a meal this good in a while. I finished the meal and picked up my plate and glass of water and put in the sink.
I walked into the living room and was greeted by Esme again. "Brighton, this is Alice as you already know and this is Jasper." She said pointing to the couch. "And that's Edward and Rosalie. And over there is Emmett. We already have you enrolled in high school here at Forks High School. You're first day is next Monday." She said. "Uh, okay. Thanks." I said walking up the stairs and into my bedroom.
I walked over to the bookshelf and picked out a book. I decided on Dracula. I sat down on the bed and opened up the book. There was a slight knock on the door. "Um, come in." I said. Alice cracked the door open and slipped in. "I brought you some pajamas." She whispered. "Thank you." I said but she was already gone.
I walked in the bathroom to change and get ready for bed. I slipped on a maroon nightgown and brushed my teeth. I ran a comb threw my hair and climbed onto the big bed. I lied a crossed the big bed and opened my book.
I looked over at the clock to see that it was 11:34 pm so I closed the book, turned out the light, and climes under the covers of the thick, silk bedspread. I closed my eyes as sleep drifted upon me.

I woke up as light filled the room. I rolled over to see that it was 10:52 am. I climbed out of the bed and went to brush my hair and teeth. After I finished, I walked out of the room and down the hall to find Alice by the stairs. "I was wondering when you were going to wake up! Here, I have an outfit for you." She said handing be a bundle of clothes.
I walked out of my room after dressing in a pair of skinny jeans and a grey floral long sleeve shirt. I walked downstairs to find Esme preparing a breakfast, Alice, Jasper and Rosalie watching tv with Edward reading a book. "Good morning! I have a plate of food waiting over here for you." Esme called from the kitchen. I walked threw the living room and sat down at the big table as Esme slides a plate of eggs, bacon, and sausage in front of me.
Esme sat down at the table next to me. "Did you sleep good last night?" She asked me. "Yes, thank you." I said when my mouth was empty. "Good," she said with a grin on her face.
    I walked into the living room to find my family right where I left them. I took a seat in a chair facing the couch. "Are you okay Brighton? You seem nervous." Jasper asked me. "Uh, yeah." I lied. "I'm ready to go shopping whenever you are." Alice hinted. "Yeah, I'm ready." I said looking down at my feet.

   The drive up to Portland was good. We talked about my past. I told her about how my parents couldn't take care of me so they sent me to an orphanage and how I've been there for seven years. We bought like 12 pairs of shoes and endless amounts of outfits. I came home where Edward was playing the piano. I went upstairs after the long day and decided to write in my journal.
   Dear Journal,
      So my new family is very welcoming. Esme is the best mother anyone could have. Carlisle, is very patient. He knows when to talk and when enough is enough. Edward is very calm. I can't say much because I don't know him well. Jasper seems like a big brother I never had. Alice, Alice is the sister I never had. She is very friendly and pixie like. Rosalie, she is there. Which is the exact opposite of Emmett. He, he is never around. He will come around, hopefully. I am so thankful for them.
      Brighton
I stood up from the desk and decided to stock my closet. About halfway through my work, I heard...
   We are going to have to tell her soon.
I know, we will.
Why did we even adopt her? This is a risk for the whole family!
I was good friends with her uncle. When he passed away I remember him telling me about her.
We will tell her tomorrow. She still needs to get a grip on everything. I'm sure she's terrified.
Shh, she just heard us.

   That's all I heard. Once I finished I laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up it was dark out. I heard footsteps and there was a soft knock at the door. In stepped Carlisle. "Sorry, did I wake you?" He asked. "No, I just woke up a second ago." I replied. "Okay, i just came to see if you were awake. You have been asleep for a while now. When you're ready, you are needed downstairs." Carlisle told me. "Yeah," I said rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. I had been curled up in a ball laying on top of the comforter. I stood up and followed Carlisle downstairs. Everyone was standing up looking just as nervous as I was.