Chapter 1

"Hi, I'm Olivia, but you can call me Liv," I said as I extended my hand out to the tanned guy standing before me.

"I'm VJ, and these are my friends Evie, Oscar, Maddy and Matt," he said cheerfully as he pointed out each of his friends he had just introduced.

"It's lovely to meet all of you."

"You'll love it here in Summer Bay! The scenery is beautiful, the school's alright and the people are absolutely amazing!" the blonde girl told me, who I had just learned was named Maddy. She seemed to direct the last bit of the sentence at the guy who was standing next to her, Matt, who I assumed she was dating.

"Who's that?" I asked VJ as a tall, blonde guy walked into the Diner.

"Oh that's Hunter, he's a loser."

"Am not!" he objected, before coming over to our table and playfully punching VJ.

"Sorry, please ignore my step-brother. I'm Hunter."

"Olivia," I replied as I reciprocated his smile,"but you can call me Liv."

"Okay then Liv," he said with a small chuckle.

"Do you want a tour around the Bay?" VJ asked me.

"Sure," I replied enthusiastically. "Do any of you want to come?"

"No thank you," Evie said as she stood up and proceeded to collect her belongings. "Zac wants Oscar and I home to help fix his car. It was lovely meeting you though, we'll see you around at school!"

"I wish I could join you but Matt and I have some important stuff to do," Maddy replied.

"What kind of 'important stuff' do we have to do now? Are we going to go back to my van or are we gonna change things up a bit?" he said as he winked at Maddy, who's bright pink cheeks showed how embarrassed she was feeling.

"Oh my gosh Matt!" she said as she slapped his arm. "I'm going home, by myself!"

"No Maddy wait up!" he yelled as he tried to catch up to her.

"Guess it's just us three then," I said aloud to Hunter and VJ, grabbing their hands as we made our way to the beach.

***
"So Liv," VJ began, "What brings you to Summer Bay?"

"Aren't you full of questions!" I exclaimed, wondering why he was suddenly so interested in me.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to offend you!"

"It's fine honestly," I replied with a small smile, hoping that would put his mind at ease.

I wasn't fond of people asking questions about my intentions on coming to the Bay, it wasn't anyone's business in the first place. I just met the guy and now he wanted to know everything about me! He seemed alright, but I wasn't ready to tell him anything yet. There sure as hell wasn't any way I would start opening up to him, not now anyway.

"But seriously, why did you move here? It shouldn't be that big of a deal, unless you're trying to hide from something."

"I just came for a fresh start! Is that so bad?" I yelled back at him. VJ was a nice guy, but he was jumping into a boat that wasn't even ready to leave the docks yet.

"I'm gonna leave you guys to it," he said awkwardly, before rushing off back to the way we came.

***
"So that was-"

"Awkward," I finished for Hunter, who had continued walking with me along the beach after our little spectacle with VJ.

"Do you want to talk about it? Why you came here?"

Oh gosh. Not him too.

He must have picked up on the emotions I was attempting to conceal, because he instantly apologised for trying to bring the whole fiasco up again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I can tell that it's a sensitive topic that you obviously don't want to talk about."

It's not that I didn't want to talk about my whole reason for moving to Summer Bay, I just didn't want him to know why. I came to Summer Bay for a fresh start, a new identity. I didn't want anyone to know what drastic circumstances pushed me over the edge to want, no need, a clean slate so bad.

"If it makes you feel any better," he continued, "do you want me to tell you why I came to the Bay?"

"Sure," I replied, giving him a small smile to show that I was happy for him to begin with his story.

The minute I saw him I felt an immediate attraction to him, possibly one of the reasons why I pushed VJ to the point where he decided to leave. Don't get me wrong, VJ was great, but there was something so intriguing and captivating about Hunter that made me eager to know more.

"It's a funny story actually," he began, "and it's not actually one I enjoy telling people but here goes. I grew up without my dad, it was just me and my mum against the world. I found a paternity test in her room the one night, indicating that my father was a man named Zac MacGuire. I tried to find some type of information about him, and I eventually found out that he lived here in Summer Bay."

"Do you mind me asking why your dad was never around before you found him here?"

"So now you're the one that's full of questions!" he laughed as he repeated my words from earlier on.

"No!" I objected, hoping he couldn't see my cheeks that had changed to a subtle pink.

"Are you blushing?" he chuckled as he poked my cheeks.

"Shut up Hunter! I was starting to like you!"

I gasped and cover my mouth quickly, realising what I had just said.

"So you like me do you?"

"As a friend! Nothing more!" I quickly exclaimed, hoping that little ego boost wouldn't go straight to his head. "Now are you going to answer my question or not?"

"Sure princess, anything for you," he winked at me before chuckling again.

"What did you just say?"

"Sure princess-"

"Please don't say that," I cut him off.

"What? Why?" he questioned me, clearly confused.

"Uh, can we talk some other time? I, I need to go," I stuttered, before running as far away from Hunter as I could.

. . . . . .

First chapter AHHHH! Please leave a comment down below on your thoughts! I would love to hear your feedback!

Dream impossible dreams x

Chantelle