Chapter 3

Please pick up, please pick up.

"Hi-"

"Hunter where are-"

"You've reached the voicemail of Hunter King. I'm sorry that I couldn't answer your call but leave a message and I'll get straight back to you. Or not."

"Hunter where are you! Please can we talk! Call me, please," I said with a mix of frustration and desperation in my voice one the dial tone sounded.

I thought that I was what he wanted. I really thought that Hunter wanted me. Yet here I was, sitting in a bus stop all alone, wondering why I was suddenly not good enough, and where I went wrong.

***

"Hey girlie," Irene greeted me as I walked through the door.

"Not now Irene."

"Did something happen?"

"Can you just leave me alone!" I yelled back at her, dismissing her questions before I stormed up to my room.

I decided to leave a few more voicemails for Hunter, in hope that he might answer them.

I just couldn't understand why suddenly he pulled back and pushed me away. I tried to kiss him because I thought that it was what he wanted, but obviously I was wrong.

Hunter's POV

"Hunter where are you! Please can we talk! Call me, please."

The voicemails kept coming, each one from the same person. Olivia.

"Please Hunter! Answer me!"

I could hear how desperate she was just by the sound of her voice, but I couldn't pull myself together to talk to her.

I knew I owed her an explanation, but I couldn't do it. Not now.

She was great. No, scratch that, she was beyond incredible. She was like a Barbie doll, beautiful, skinny, but above all, perfect. I could never be the guy for her. I was no 'prince charming in disguise' and I didn't plan on being some superhero anytime soon. I would never be able to be good enough for her. She was out of my league, we both knew that.

Olivia's POV

"Have you seen Hunter?" I asked VJ frantically.

"No, why?"

"Ugh, it's a long story, you wouldn't understand."

He scoffed quietly while smirking at me.

"What's so funny?" I asked him, hoping he could sense that I was clearly unimpressed.

"Relationship problems? Been there, done that."

"You've never even been in a relationship!"

"As a matter of fact, I'm in one at the moment," he said as a smug grin grew from ear to ear.

"Oh yeah? With who?" I questioned him, curious to see when he would trip up with his little façade.

"Evie."

Oh my gosh.

"What!"

"Getting jealous are you?"

"No!" I protested. "I only have eyes for Hunter," I said as I winked at him, quoting Hunter's previous words.

"I just can't believe that you're going out with Evie, that's all."

"That's because I'm not."

"What!"

"You should've seen your face!"

"Two can play at that game Vincent," I said smugly before walking off without him.

"How do you know my full name!"

"I know everything!" I yelled back to him.

***

I spent the rest of the afternoon in frantic pursuit of Hunter. I didn't want to leave anything unresolved.

I set out to Zac and Leah's house, hoping that I would find him there.

"Olivia! What are you doing here?" Leah asked me, before inviting me to go inside.

"I came to speak to Hunter. Is he home?"

"He is actually," she told me before turning around to face the stairs. "Hunter!"

"What!" a familiar voice yelled from upstairs.

"There's someone here I think you should talk to."

My heartbeat started to quicken as I waited patiently for Hunter to show his face.

"Olivia!"

"Can we talk?" I asked him, trying to prevent an awkward silence between us. "Please."

"Sure," he replied, before following me outside.

***

"I'm not going to beat around the bush. Why did you push me away?"

"I..I"

He broke eye contact with me and his eyes trailed to the floor. I could sense that his reasons behind it were somewhat personal. Maybe he didn't want a girlfriend. Maybe he just didn't want me.

He sighed before starting to explain his reasoning behind why he left me all alone at the rock pool.

"It might seem stupid to say this but, I just thought that I would never have a chance with you," he trailed off.

What? He had to be kidding.

"Are you serious? I kissed you! Well, tried to anyway."

"I know, I know. It's just, since the day I met you in the Diner, you always seemed like this Barbie doll."

"Excuse me!"

"No, it's not like that!" he objected. "You seemed like some sort of 'Barbie doll' because look at you. You're skinny, you're beautiful, but above all, you're perfect. I just felt like maybe I wasn't going to be good enough for you so I pushed you away so I wouldn't get hurt!"

"Why would you think that I would hurt you? I like you Hunter. I want to be with you."

"You're this beautiful girl who could have any guy in the world without blinking an eye. I just felt that maybe you might get me and then move on to the next guy like I meant nothing to you."

Normally, those words would sting, but I could see how he not only genuinely cared for me, but also was able to look after himself, and he wouldn't let a girl screw him over.

"For the last time Hunter," I said before proceeding to wrap my hands around his neck. I tilted his chin so his eyes were looking straight into mine, and he must've caught on to what I was doing because he advanced to wrapping his hands around my waist.

"I want you."

. . . . . .

Huntivia finally! Thank you so much for reading as always, next chapter will be very interesting...

Dream impossible dreams x

Chantelle

LivOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara