Chapter 9

Hunter's POV

I hung my head and closed my eyes, realising that it would be stupid to try and escape. Whoever was here with me before was right, there truly was no way out. 

"Hunter King," Jack said as he approached me in the room that I was currently held captive in. He removed the cloth that was tied around my mouth, but kept my hands tied to the chair.

"Is this what you do to everyone who dates Olivia? Kidnap them in the hope to leave them for dead?!" I spat at him, infuriated that he was using his connections with my girlfriend against me.

"I wouldn't say that," he trailed off.

"Well what would you say?"

"What's it to you?"

"What's it to me?" I asked him, appalled that he would say something that ridiculous. "You're holding me captive in who knows where, all because you never got over my girlfriend!"

I didn't understand how he could do something like this. Olivia had told me that she had baggage with Jack, but she had never gone into depth.

Was her history with Jack worse than she had made it out to be?

"Olivia and I belong together. You need to stay out of our lives Hunter," he hissed at me, and I could tell he was attempting to threaten me. Like previous encounters with him, I wasn't fazed by the words he said.

"Or what?"

"Or I'll do to you what I did to her sister."

I raised my eyebrows and gasped in shock at his revelation.

"You killed her sister!"

"If that's what you want to believe, then yes, I 'killed' her sister," he replied, curling his fingers to emphasise the word killed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing that concerns you," he turned his back on me and started to exit the room.

"Wait!" I yelled. "Who was the person that was here before?"

"Oh, no one important."

Maybe not to him. But she could be to me.

"Help! Help!" I screamed as loud as I could, a few minutes after Jack had left the room. "Someone! Please!"

"Shut up Hunter!" Jack yelled, running back towards me. "Don't you dare try to call for help!" he yelled at me, before his fist made contact with my face and my whole world turned black...

***

"What the hell Jack!" I heard a female voice yell as I slowly started to regain consciousness. "We want Hunter alive, not dead!"

"Be glad I let you out of your cell today Emily," he spat back.

Their back and forth banter filled the room that found it's comfort in solitude a few hours before, and I questioned whether or not I should open my eyes or pretend that I really was dead.

"Look! He's breathing!"

"Of course he is, I didn't even punch him that hard."

"Is that supposed to be a good thing?"

"What's it to you?"

"You hurt my sister with that very same fist. I wouldn't go flaunt that around in everyone's face Jack."

"Get out Emily. I need to deal with this on my own."

"No Jack, you've done enough. Let me."

I started to open my eyes after hearing what she had just said. It put my mind at ease knowing that I would be left in the hands of some girl who might consider going easy on me, instead of being in the hands of Jack.

"Hunter?" the girl questioned as she started to approach me.

"Yeah? Who are you? Where am I? Can I go home?"

"Firstly," she began, pulling a seat towards me so she could sit, "I'm Emily."

She extended her hand towards me, expecting me to shake it. I did what she wanted, although I still couldn't see her face.

"Secondly,  I can't tell you where you are. I assume you know the guy that was in here before?"

I nodded.

"Well I work for him, and I can't tell you where you are. And no, you can't go home. I'm sorry."

"Can I make a phone call at least?", I asked impatiently.

 "Sure I guess. But you have one call, don't waste it."

Oh I won't.

I smiled back at her, happy that I at least knew something about who I was being held captive with. I knew that I was here because of Jack, but I didn't know why she was here.

I fished in my pocket for my iPhone and began dialling Olivia's number.

"Who are you calling?"

"My girlfriend, Olivia."

"Olivia?" she questioned me.

"Yeah, does that bother you?"

She looked down at the floor for a split second before shaking her head.

"No. I'm just familiar with the name."

I still couldn't see her face, but I had a feeling that this girl was sketchy. She was connected to Jake somehow, and I wasn't too sure I wanted to find out what was the reason that linked them together.

"Olivia! Hey!" I said finally when Olivia greeted me over the phone.

"Don't 'hey' me! Where the hell are you?" she yelled through the speaker.

"I don't know," I trailed off.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I'm being held captive in what looks like an abandoned warehouse-"

"What!" she cut me off.

I knew that she would be worried, that's just the type of person she was. She was kind, compassionate and selfless, always putting everyone's wellbeing and happiness ahead of her own.

She must've been losing her mind, but I tried to reassure her that everything would be okay.

"Can you tell me where you are?"

"I told you, I'm in a warehouse-"

"I know that idiot! I mean like what's the address?"

"I have no idea."

"Is anyone with you?"

"Yeah there's this one girl," I said as I glanced around the room quickly, "who's just left."

"Did you see what she looks like?"

"No I didn't, the room I'm in is filled with darkness, I can't see a thing!"

"Don't take your anger out on me!" she argued through the phone. "I'm just worried about you!"

I sighed. She was right. None of this was her fault.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just really, really scared."

"You'll get out of there Hunter!"

"Yeah, but what if I don't?"

. . . . . .

Thank you for reading!

Vote and comment please?

Dream impossible dreams x

Chantelle