Chapter 5

Sincere apologies, Olivia's 'boyfriend' is called Jack, not Jake.

. . . . . .

This wasn't going to go well.

"He's your boyfriend!"

"Hunter let me explain!"

"No thanks, I've heard enough," Hunter said, pulling away from me.

"It's not what it looks like!" I objected, hoping I could get him to see some sense.

"Oh it's exactly what it looks like!" he yelled back to me. "When you're done with Jack or whatever, give me a call. Or not, I don't care."

***

"What the hell where you thinking?" I screamed at Jack once I had finally managed to drag him outside.

Jack was my first love, who went to school with me back in the UK.

"You and I belong together Olivia," he said softly, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Get away from me you freak! I'll never forget what you did to me!" I argued with him, the thought of someone hearing our conversation completely slipping my mind.

"Aww come on babe. I was 16. I didn't know anything back then!"

"So being 18 does that justice?"

"Yeah it does. You know you still love me Olivia."

"When will you get this through your thick skull? I don't despise you anymore. I HATE YOU! You can't put me through so much pain, and then turn up one day and think that I'll fall back into your little trap like I always did! I don't love you anymore!"

"You were always a strong little fighter Olivia," Jack replied, pausing shortly for a few quick breaths. "Now listen up and listen good," he said to me sternly. "If you don't play along and pretend that you're my girlfriend, I'm going to go to the cops."

"Is that supposed to be a threat?" I spat back at him.

"I'll tell them everything," he continued. "Including when you tried to kill-"

"That wasn't my fault!" I yelled at him, hoping that no one was eavesdropping on our conversation. "Last time I remember, you were the one who dragged me into that mess in the first place! If anything, I can just as easily go to the cops too. And you will be the one with the free ticket to jail.

"It'll just be your words against mine, just like it always was back in London. No one will believe you."

Maybe. But I'll find proof.

***

The next day at school was draining. Flashes of red, blue and white kept running past me in the hallway, and I tried to prevent any sort of breakdown. I hadn't seen anyone familiar at all since I had arrived that morning, not even Jack. And not even Hunter.

"Hey guys," I smiled weakly as I approached Evie and Oscar outside of the locker area.

"What's up with you?" Evie asked sympathetically, noticing my lack of effort in greeting them.

"Nothing," I said quickly, dismissing her question. "Have you seen Hunter?"

"As a matter of fact, I see him right now," she responded, gesturing towards him near the principal's office.

"Hunter!"

He didn't hesitate to turn around quickly, but as soon as his eyes locked with mine he started to walk the other way.

"Hunter wait!"

"What do you want Olivia?"

"Can we talk?" I asked him through pants as I tried to regain my breath after running after him.

"What's there to say?"

"He's not really my boyfriend!" I blurted out, eagerly wanting to get this dreaded conversation buried in the ground.

"Really! That's not what it looked like to me!"

"I know you're upset-"

"I'm not upset," he cut me off. "I'm angry."

I sighed. He was right, and I knew it. He had absolutely nothing to be angry about though, I was never going near Jack ever again.

"I'm sorry!" I pleaded with him. "I can promise you, there's nothing going on between Jack and I! He's my ex, that's all!

I understand that you're angry, but you have absolutely nothing to be angry about! I despise him, and I never want to see him again!"

"Is that so Olivia?" Jack asked as he approached Hunter and I outside of the school.

"Jack!" I exclaimed, bewildered by his sudden appearance.

"Go run on back to your mummy before someone gets hurt," Hunter said sternly.

"Oh I'm not going anywhere," he replied, before proceeding to take a white envelope out of the back pocket of his jeans.

"What's that?"

"What, this?" he questioned, gesturing towards the object in his hand. "It's nothing, just your sister's will, that's all. The one you killed, remember? I'm not sure if her will is even eligible."

"What do you mean?"

A look of confusion had found its way to spread across my face. I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Oh, nothing! Don't worry about it!" he said cheerfully before fleeing the school.

. . . . . .

Apologies for the late update, something came up. Thoughts on this chapter? Thank you to all of those who read this book X

Dream impossible dreams x

Chantelle