The Announcement

*George's POV*

I loved the morning when the sun just breaks through the blinds and falls on Freya, I've always loved the way the sun highlighted her beauty and subtle blonde highlights in her hair, even before we were officially together. That night she was terrified, I was so happy to be with her that I remember sweating profusely and barely sleeping that night, because all I could think about was how much I loved having her in my arms. Freya yawned and shifted in her sleep so that she faced me, nuzzling her face into my chest as she moved closer. I rubbed her stomach gently and smiled as I breathed in the scent of cinnamon.

Today was the first anniversary since the Battle of Hogwarts, the day I almost lost the love of my life and my brother. I pulled Freya closer to me, she was four months pregnant now and I could feel the bump in her torso as our stomachs pressed together.

"George, you're too warm, move away," Freya mumbled and weakly prodded my chest, she looked up at me with a dazed look.

"Do I honestly have to?" I pouted.

Freya shook her head and stretched slightly, her hands slipping around my neck loosely, "are you alright?"

I nodded, "I'm just glad that you're here with me."

Freya studied me carefully and smiled slightly, "I'm glad I'm here with you too."

"You know what today is, right?"

Freya was quiet, shifting slightly as she kissed me, "do you think we can visit the plaque?"

"I'm sure we can," I mused. Freya nodded, slipping out of my hold and grabbing a pair of my pants. "Aren't those a bit big for you?"

"Not if I tie the string tightly," Freya grinned.

"Fey, you're going to trip over the bottoms," I cautioned.

Freya leaned over the bed and kissed me, "then you'll just have to catch me if I fall won't you?"

I rubbed her torso gently and smiled, "just....be careful, love."

Freya smiled slightly as her hands covered one of mine, "I'll change my pants then." She quickly changed and left the room with a smile.

***

"Everything looks perfect and on track, just make sure that you watch what you eat," our healer spoke professionally as he examined our chart, "I'll let you get dressed and I'll see you next month."

Freya wasn't paying attention, staring at a machine with wires hanging off it like it were a python about to strike if she were to move. I stroked her hair softly, trying to get her attention but nothing seemed to work.

"Fey, get dressed," I whispered, prodding her arm.

She nodded, letting me leave the room, she was out a minute later, clutching her purse tightly to her chest. Every month we've come to Mungo's for Freya's checkup, every month she acts exactly the same, staring off at a machine and not talking for a few hours after the visit. We left quickly and headed to the Burrow, but before I let Freya run off into the house I grabbed her arm.

"Freya, what's going on?" I asked quietly.

She looked up at me, her eyes were big and watering, but she smiled. "Nothing, my sweet," she reached a hand and touched my cheek.

I gripped her shoulders tightly, "please tell me, love."

She averted her gaze, leaning up and kissing my cheek, "let's go make our announcement."