seven

» chloe «

I hadn't expected jimmy to be here. In fact, having him here was the last thing I wanted. I needed to be away from him for awhile so I could think without him thinking for me.

I attempted to maneuver out of his grasp but it only tightened. I look up at Tanner, who's smile has turned into a frown. Worry immediately shoots through my body as the two stare each other down.

"Let's go." Jimmy snaps. His hand clasps onto my waist and I squirm away from him uncomfortably.

"Is this guy bothering you?" Tanner asks and I can see his hands have balled into fists. Shit shit shit.

"No," jimmy answers for me. "And mind your own business man."

"I believe I was asking the lady." Tanner says, not even flinching, and then turns to me with raised eyebrows.

I look up at jimmy, not really knowing what to say. Having him here was totally unexpected and unwanted at the moment. He's angry and his eyes are still fixated on Tanner. He doesn't bother to look at me, instead he clenches his jaw and let's out a knowing sigh as if saying, 'just answer the damn question already'."No, it's fine." I finally say.

"You don't look fine, you look scared." Tanner says, taking a step closer, the space between him and jimmy closing in.

"You better back up before you do something you are going to regret." Jimmy says. I can feel my heartbeat intensify. The last thing I needed was having two guys literally fight over me.

"Yeah?" Tanner growls. I watch as jimmy tenses up, his breathing is unsteady. I know if I don't say or do anything now I will regret it.

I take Jimmy's hand in mine and give it a squeeze. "I'll go, okay? Let's go." My voice is soft and I place my other hand on his cheek. I feel him flinch under my touch and he looks down at me and nods.

Jimmy has gotten his way yet again and I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Skylar was right, if I keep letting him make the decisions and push me around it would just always be like that. I needed to stand my ground. But every time I even try, he belittles me and gets his way. It needed to change. I needed to change.

"I'm sorry, Tanner." I say and he only nods. Jimmy gives him one last glare before I pull him away. I was pissed. I had every right to be. He wasn't allowed to intrude like that. We weren't dating and I definitely did not belong to him so he had absolutely no right to not allow me to be with another guy.

I had to find Skylar and tell her I had to leave. She'd have to sober up as drive herself back to the dorms. I let go of Jimmy's hand and push my way to the backyard. My pace was quick and I kind of hoped jimmy would lose me in the crowd. He didn't, of course. I find skylar on the balcony. Cameron's hand is wrapped around her waist and I couldn't help but smile.

"Hey Sky." I say placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey C." Her eyes dart pass me to Jimmy standing behind me and she shoots me a look. I ignore it and add, "I'm gonna run, you're gonna have to drive yourself home so please don't get drunk tonight."

"I'll make sure she gets back safely." Cameron says with a smile.

"Thank you." I return the smile. "See you back at the dorms, Sky. Be safe."

She nods and begins talking with Cameron again. I turn to jimmy and roll me eyes. His arms are crossed and he still has his smug look on his face. He really shouldn't be angry still because he was the one who started it. He looks at me and nods his head slowly, as if he were contemplating something but doesn't say anything.