Chapter 8

He silently stared me down as I fidgeted nervously under the intensity of his current body language. I was so nervous its crazy! I mean in my defence he has never looked so intimidating. To someone on the outside he would have looked the picture of a perfectly calm and composed man but I knew better.

Come on Ari! Get your act together. Woman up will you?! my conscience nagged me.

I took a deep breath and let it out. Here goes nothing. I opened my eyes and was met with the most delicious sight in the world.

His abs were so clearly visible through that tight white shirt I was having a hard time keeping my hands from reaching across this bloody table, ripping it open and running my hands, lips and tongue all over them. The top two buttons on his shirt were open exposing his toned and muscled chest. A black tie hung lazily from his shirt's collar. His sleeves were pushed up messily to his elbows and he had a glass of ... whiskey? in his hand which he was slowly swirling around.

I finally looked at his face and my breath caught. His jaw was clenched, his delectable lips were set in a straight line and his eyes, oh gosh his eyes. I think I stopped breathing altogether now. He had green specks surrounding the natural grey of his eyes and for the life of me I just couldn't look away. They held me captive and demanded that I give in to them and let them see into my soul. Shit, I am so turned on right now.

Breathe Ari! Don't die on the poor guy! My conscience screamed at me with smoke coming out of her ears.

Pfft, 'poor'. Yeah right. I greedily took in deep breaths like I had been under water without oxygen all this while. I can't do this. F*** my f***in life I can't do this.

No shit Sherlock! My conscience muttered with a roll of her eyes.

I need to get out of here. I let my eyes drift around the club that we were currently in and the moment the dance floor came into my line of sight, I was hooked and as if on cue one of my favourite songs started blasting from the speakers. I felt some of my confidence that slipped a while ago come rushing back as I stood up and made my way to the dance floor like a woman on a mission with his stare burning a hole in my back the whole time.

I squeezed my way through the throng of sweaty and drunk couple to the middle of the dance floor. Closing my eyes I let the music wash over me and do its magic and before I knew it I was dancing like there was no tomorrow. I moved my hips from side to side and felt a smile gracing my lips as the familiar tingle of excitement ran down my spine just like it did every time I danced. I felt free and light. Like I had no care in the world or more specifically no 'guy' devouring me with his lust-filled glare from across the room.

However as they say all good things have to come to an end and just to prove that point, I suddenly felt a strong muscular arm around my waist and I was sharply pulled back into him. I knew who it was without having to even look at the man. Wow, was I whipped! The tingles of excitement that went down my spine while I was dancing couldn't hold a candle to the electric shocks that were driving me insane as he held me to him with his head nuzzled in the crook of my neck and his breath blowing goose bumps on my skin. "I will tell you this once and only once baby. Never and I mean never again will you walk away from me. Just to make it clear, that was an order." he whispered huskily into my ear .

I woke with a start. A dream. It was a dream. But..it felt so real. I tried to take in deep breaths to calm myself and realized that it was late in the evening and the sky was getting darker. Wow, had I really slept that long? Before I could ponder on that, a soft snore to my right caught my attention.

I turned to see who it was coming from and was met with for lack of a better word a gorgeous man because that's what he was. He could hardly be classified as a 'boy'. He was sleeping with his arms folded forming a pillow for his head. His shaggy blond hair was spread messily over them and his soft snores filled the silence in the room.

I didn't know whether to be freaked out or excited that I had a hunk of a guy asleep in my hospital room. I was contemplating whether I should wake him up and ask what's he doing here or just let him sleep and wait till he wakes up on his own.

As if he heard the tug of war going on inside my head, he stirred and with a yawn and a stretch, finally opened his eyes. One word: WOW. His eyes were BLUE. Like blue, blue. They were beautiful.

"You're awake." the handsome stranger said with a smile showing off his perfect white teeth.

"Uhh..yeah?" I said softly.

"Oh, sorry, I'm Jordan, Jordan Nichols. You can call me Jordan." he said offering his hand for a handshake. I hesitantly shook hands with him.

His smile slowly slipped and concern filled his features causing the once light atmosphere in the room to disappear.

"How are you doing?" he asked softly. I knew immediately that he had somehow found out what had happened to me.

Tears filled my eyes and that familiar pain filled my chest. I quickly turned away not wanting him to see my tears when I felt a hand on my shoulder and the next thing I knew I was pulled into his arms. The guards that I tried to put up this whole time came crumbling down and I sobbed into his chest tired of fighting this losing battle. He whispered sweet nothings into my ear as he held me tightly to him not letting me go till I finally calmed down.

There was a big wet spot on his t-shirt where I was crying. I quickly apologized but he waved it away.

"Look, I know how hard this must be for you and I know that you're hurting. I have witnessed exactly what you're going through. I have a best friend who is hurting just like you are. He had his one true love walk away from him and he is going through hell. But what he doesn't know is that , that girl is hurting just like he is and is regretting ever choosing to walk away from him. Can you help me put them out of their misery?" he says softly.

I stared at him stunned. What? It can't be, can it? I felt my heart beating faster and hope envelope me. No. Oh God I wanted so badly for it to be true. Was he talking about another couple who happened to be in the same predicament as us? Us. It sounded so good, like a breath of fresh air.

"Jor-Jordan? W-Whats y-your best f-friends name?" I whispered with my eyes squeezed shut and my hands gripping the sheets in a death hold as if it could save me from the disappoinment that the answer to that question would bring.

I felt his hand on my shoulder, then.. "Martin, Martin Glaxon."