Chapter 12

Calissa wisely said nothing as she took me to the club. I was quiet and didn't feel like talking either. I was feeling extremely uncomfortable and guilty instead. I hated that I irked Martin.

Now he's pissed and for all I knew, tonight is gonna be anything but fun and its all because I couldn't keep my big mouth shut and think about the fact that I am no longer single and have to be very careful of the way I dress.

Once we got into the club, Calissa led me to the bar and we grabbed our seats before ordering a glass of red wine for me and a Cosmo for Calissa.

I was feeling more and more guilty with every minute that went by that I was actually considering booking it out of here and heading back home. I finally stood after a few minutes, adjusted my dress and tried to tell Calissa that I was not feeling too good and it would be better if I headed back home, but she was having none of it. An hour into my grovelling and she finally relented. With a sigh of relief, I quickly picked up my purse, hugged Calissa, saying i'd meet her back home and started making my way to the entrance.

By the time I made it halfway through the club, I was pissed off and extremely frustrated. I lost count of how many times I was jostled, groped and asked if I wanted to 'be shown a good time tonight'.

The crowd was getting thicker and that really wasn't helping my case. I clamped my mouth shut and gritted my teeth as I pushed my way through the crowd to avoid saying something that could end up getting me in trouble. However after having my ass squeezed for the fifth time, I finally lost it.

I spun around, ready to rip the doucebag a new one when an arm shot out of nowhere and clocked him in the face knocking him out cold.

I turned to my saviour, ready to thank him when I realized my saviour was none other than Martin. His face was an impassive mask as he stared down at me. The only thing that gave him away was his clenched jaw. Shit. I am in sooo much trouble.

He grabbed my wrist in a firm grip and pulled me behind him. I knew better than to argue, so wisely kept my mouth shut and followed him to wherever he was taking me.

He led me to a row of booths that I hadn't noticed was there before and motioned for me to sit as he sat in the seat across from mine. He kept his eyes trained on me making me squirm. I was honestly on the verge of crying but I averted my eyes and reined it in.

He ordered a beer and water from the almost naked waiter who was so blatantly ogling Martin, even / blushed. I sneaked a peek at Martin, expecting him to be smirking at the scantilly-dressed waitress but his eyes stayed trained in me. I quickly looked away. Seeing as her attempts to get Martin's attention wasn't working, the waitress walked away with a "hmmpph". On any other day, I would have laughed at this, but today, right now, laughing was the last thing I felt like doing. Not when I could feel the eyes of my mate practically burning a hole in my head.

The waitress came back with the drinks and left just as quickly. I saw the bottle of water being set in front of me and looked up. Martin looked considerably calmer than before as he nodded toward the water.

"Drink up." he husked.

I took a big gulp of the water and set it down before looking back up at him.

"Now do you know why I told you to change?" he asked me, his eyes never breaking contact with mine, his fingers lightly skimming the beer bottle.

"Y..yea.." I muttered softly.

"What do you have to say?"

"I just...i'm really sorry, Martin. Obviously, I was stepping into new territory and didn't think of the consequences of my actions. I'm really sorry, Martin." I said softly.

I finally looked at his face and my breath caught. His jaw was clenched, his delectable lips were set in a straight line and his eyes, oh gosh his eyes. I think I stopped breathing altogether now. He had green specks surrounding the natural grey of his eyes and for the life of me I just couldn't look away. They held me captive and demanded that I give in to them and let them see into my soul. Shit, I am so turned on right now.

I need to get out of here. I let my eyes drift around the club that we were currently in and the moment the dance floor came into my line of sight, I was hooked and as if on cue one of my favourite songs started blasting from the speakers. I felt some of my confidence that slipped a while ago come rushing back as I stood up and made my way to the dance floor like a woman on a mission with his stare burning a hole in my back the whole time.

I squeezed my way through the throng of sweaty and drunk couple to the middle of the dance floor. Closing my eyes I let the music wash over me and do its magic and before I knew it I was dancing like there was no tomorrow. I moved my hips from side to side and felt a smile gracing my lips as the familiar tingle of excitement ran down my spine just like it did every time I danced. I felt free and light. Like I had no care in the world or more specifically no 'guy' devouring me with his lust-filled glare from across the room.

However as they say all good things have to come to an end and just to prove that point, I suddenly felt a strong muscular arm around my waist and I was sharply pulled back into him. I knew who it was without having to even look at the man. Wow, was I whipped! The tingles of excitement that went down my spine while I was dancing couldn't hold a candle to the electric shocks that were driving me insane as he held me to him with his head nuzzled in the crook of my neck and his breath blowing goose bumps on my skin. "I will tell you this once and only once baby. Never and I mean never again will you walk away from me. Just to make it clear, that was an order." he whispered huskily into my ear .