Prologue

Prologue

Dear Dr Robinson,

My name is George Newton and I'm writing to you because of something that someone told me. Please believe that I don't usually believe the rubbish a random person tells me but this time a trustworthy source and perhaps a bit of hope meant I couldn't ignore this rumour. I'm fifteen years old and for years I have been seeing doctors and specialist scientists on account of the fact I believe that I can slow time. At first everyone thought I was mad. They still don't believe I can slow time. But they do think I'm unique, they just don't know how yet. I heard that you work with other people who are, as the scientists say, unique. I heard that the town of Bantfell is more than it seems on Google and that if anyone can help me understand what I am it's you.

I realise that you're probably a very busy man but it would mean a lot to me if you could replay to this email. You're my last hope in a lot of ways. I'm not sure what to do anymore.

Yours sincerely,

George Newton.

Dear Mr Newton,

Your email left me quite intrigued and it was really quite my pleasure to reply to such an email. I really think you overestimate my busy schedule.

Everything that you have heard about me and Bantfell is true. I trust you in fact with more information than you have been given and so attached to this email is some further details of Bantfell's, as you put it, uniqueness.

The small detail you have given me on your own uniqueness is not enough for me to give much advice over this email but it was enough however to entice me into the project. I would be honoured if you and your family would come and see me in Bantfell. I believe both I, and the town itself, have much to offer to you and we could offer you a great deal of support and guidance. Perhaps even some answers.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Robinson