Lucy the "Nerd"

A/N: I don't own Fairy Tail and this is the first and last time I will say it.

Italics: thoughts

Lucy's POV

I'm Lucy Heartfilia, though no one really knows my last name, I doubt they care anyway. I'm what people at my school call a nerd. I wear baggy clothing and giant glasses that I don't need since I have perfect vision. I don't talk much and I get bullied by a certain group of girls a lot, even though I can kick their asses any time I want. Why do I do this you ask? I'll explain that another time.

In my school we are taught regular academics the first half, and magic lessons the second half. Tomorrow's the day we start with our magic lessons, and I'm so happy because I can finally show those douches the real me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's lunch time and I decide to head to the library to get some studying done. Once I got there it was pretty noisy, there were people talking in the main section where most of the tables were. So I went to the back of the library where I knew there was a small table. There was someone sitting there reading a book, it was a guy with black emo-looking hair. I approached him and asked "Can I sit here?"

He didn't respond so I sat down anyway. I took out my materials and started to study since I had a final in my next class. Though I realized that I could barely read what was on the paper, the fake glasses kinda made it hard to read. Usually whenever I went to the back table of the library it was empty, so it was safe to take my fake glasses of for the moment. I was mentally deciding if I should take them off or not, and from an outsiders point of view I must have look funny because the guy in front of me asked "Are you alright?"

"Uh yeah why?"

"You look constipated" he responded.

That caused me to blush from embarrassment.

"Well I'm not" I said looking away.

"Okay then" he said. After a while of silence he talked again.

"What's your name" he asked me

"Lucy"

"Well then Lucy can you tell me why you're making such a strange face?" He said.

"That's..uh..because I'm deciding whether to take my glasses off or not" I sighed

"Why would you want to take them off?" He said with a somewhat confused tone, though there was no expression on his face.

"Don't tell anyone..... but they're fake"

"Then why do you wear them?" he asked.

"That's a secret"

"Ok then................................you're strange" he said while looking away

"You're the one who's strange..err..what's your name?"

"Rouge" he answered, "I believe we are in the same class.

"Ok then you're the strange one Rouge!"

"I get that a lot" he said with still no emotions on his face.

"Come class will be starting soon" he said while getting up.

"So much for studying" I thought while gathering my things and following him .

We walk to class together with some small talk, of course he only said two words at a time, and when we walked in I saw some of the other girls glare at me. I know they couldn't see it because of my glasses, but I decided to glare back.
"Let the final begin"

~ Next Day ~

"CRAP CRAP CRAP I'M LATE!"
I yelled as I fell out of bed face first. I had overslept and now it was 10 minutes 'till the bell rung. I dressed as fast as I could putting on my gym clothes that were my size for once. Since magic lessons start today we had to wear our gym clothes to class. Purposely, I left my glasses on my night stand, grabbed my bag and headed out. Thankfully, I didn't live too far away from school and my driver had me there in 9. I ran as fast as I could to our class's designated area, just in time to hear my name being called by our Principal/Teacher Makarov.

"Lucy" he called, "Is Lucy here?"

"I'm here!" I called loudly.

Everybody turned to look at me, confusion evident in their eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Lucy you were close to a tardy be careful" Makarov told me.

"Sorry Gramps"

"There's no way you're Lucy" a pink haired guy in my class said.

"Of course I am" I said plainly.

"Okay then listen up brats, I'm gonna pair you up for 2 on 2 battles" Makarov yelled, "Listen for your partner.

"This gonna be a long day" I sighed.