Chapter Six

I walked to the cafe in my grey and navy sweater and black skinny jeans, with Ryan by my side.
"You should've worn a jacket, it's snowing outside," he pointed out.
I shrugged, "Eh, the sweater is warm enough." Then I added, "And plus, if I get cold, you'd give me your jacket like the wonderful gentleman you are," I smiled sheepishly. Also, note the sarcasm. He rolled his eyes, "I knew you were after my jacket!" We both fell in laughter as the cafe came in sight.

We took a seat near the big window and ordered our hot chocolate.

I watched him eagerly as he took his first sip. A smile broke onto his face as he exclaimed, "This is the best hot chocolate I've ever tasted," and I grinned. "Why, thank you," a female voice spoke up in a posh accent. It's Delia, the owner of this cafe, and we're quite close. Every time I'm here and she visits, she treats me with a free hot chocolate.

She's a middle aged woman, with dirty blonde hair tied up in a neat bun, a classy, yet comfy, attire and lips naturally pink. She looked beautiful as always.

She looked at me, "Please introduce your friend to
me," she smiled. I nodded, "Delia, this is Ryan, my..." what is he to me? "friend," I said that word in a quiet tone, "and he and his family lives with my dad and I, now." I looked at Ryan, "Ryan, meet Delia, the owner of this lovely cafe, and the person who always treats me with hot chocolate whenever she sees me," I smiled broadly at her. "Yes, yes. I always do. I'll get it for you right away," and with that she left.

Within two minutes, two mugs of hot chocolate appears on our table by a waitress about our age. Looked like even Ryan was getting a free treat.

I could barely touch my hot chocolate to my mouth while Ryan finished all of his in two gulps. I stared at him, and shook my head, "You're supposed to enjoy this, slowly." Now I need to teach an almost-18-year-old boy how drink hot chocolate. *Smh*.

He flashed me a toothy smile, and his eyes traveled to my mug of hot chocolate. I already knew what he was thinking, so I quickly covered up my mug, and said, "Don't eye my hot chocolate like that. You're practically eye-raping it."

His eyes met mine, "I don't mean to benign anyone, just give me your hot chocolate," then his eyes turned pleading, "Please?"

I eyed him, "What you just said to me, is very abominable."
He raised an eyebrow, "And why is that so?"
I leaned in closer, still holding onto my mug, but leaned closer, "This is evasion for me, as you wish to do malignant things to my prowess of a hot chocolate."

"You need edification," he said as he shook his head.

Our eyes met again, and we held the stare for a good few seconds until we burst out laughing at what just happened.

Using big words that we probably weren't even using correctly, just to prove our point about my mug of hot chocolate. And I didn't even know what the point was..

I ended up giving him a few sips from my mug, and it was peace at last.

***

Now back at home, I was bored like never before. Okay, not true. But the point is, I was bored, and it was freezing.
The weather outside is at a minus celsius, and that's when the heaters at our house decided to stop working.

I couldn't even step on the floor without socks on, or they would sting with coldness. Two blankets was not enough when I snuggled in bed.

"Ryan!" I called out to him. I heard his footsteps get closer, and he entered my bedroom. He was swamped in layers, and a blanket wrapped around him, his teeth chattering. "Its-so-cold," I managed to say out loud. Still shivering, he came to my bed and sat down beside my laying body. "It's freezing!" he complained. Within a second, we were laying together in bed, snuggled in close to feel warmth. "Is there any more blankets around the house?" I asked with hope. "There is, but both our parents called me earlier and threatened to chop me up if I touched their blankets," he replied. I groaned, "Okay then, let's shiver to death," I said sarcastically as my eyes rolled by itself.

He turned to face me, and his arm swiftly wrapped itself around my waist, pulling me closer. I didn't mind, more warmth for me! I moved my head closer to his neck, and felt him tense. "I'm not gonna bite," I murmured huskily. He chuckled lightly, and I felt him loosen up.

I took in a breath, taking in his smell. Okay, that sounded a bit creepy, but you cannot deny that boys who smell good, smell like a miracle. He smelled of mint and cocoa, which was a bit weird. "Why do you smell like cocoa?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed. He laughed, "Ask the new cologne I got." My head shot up to look at his face, inches away from mine. "They have cocoa scented colognes?!"
He nodded, "Apparently, so." Ugh, perfumes suck.

I rested my head back into its previous position, and fell asleep in his warmth.

***

"Maybe if you didn't make both of us fall asleep at 5 pm, we wouldn't have woken up at freakin 3 in the morning. How do we sleep now?! We have school tomorrow." Oh, so he's accusing me for this! "You're equally to blame! Why couldn't you think of this before we fell asleep?" I yelled back. He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, as if I could predict the future and see us waking up at 3 am." I scoffed, "Then I guess our parents are to blame." I saw realization hit his face, "They should've waken us up," he muttered. "Yeah, blame it on me," I muttered sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes once more, "Well what do you wanna do now?" he asked. "We can't possibly fall asleep right after we woke up from a 10 hour nap," he added.

"Do you want to go out somewhere? I mean, there's really nothing to do inside.." I suggested. He stared at me, "Where do you wanna go at 3 in the morning?"
I thought about places we could go. But before I could throw any ideas, he spoke up. "Are you hungry?" I was about to say yes, but my stomach answered for me as it grumbled. I looked at him with a sheepish smile, he was chuckling as he said, "Seems like you are. Cmon, then. Get ready."
"Where we going?'" I asked. "I saw this 24 hour diner about 20 minutes from here." I nodded and made him get out of my room to change. But first, I checked how many degrees it was outside. Still minus, lower than before. Wonderful. Note the sarcasm.

Throwing on the warmest pieces of clothing I could find, I saw Ryan huddled up in his jacket. "Ready?" he asked. I nodded in response.

I grabbed my house keys and phone before leaving and we stopped in front of his motorcycle. I was going to say it'd be dangerous to take his motorcycle in this snow, but he beat me to it.

"I don't think we should go on my motorcycle. It can skid," he said, turning to me.
I smiled at his thoughtfulness. "Let's walk, then. It's only 20 minutes away," I said. He nodded and we started walking.

Snowfall was a never-ending thing since yesterday. Remember how I told you I love walking in the snow because of how romantic it feels?

I smiled at that thought.
"Why are you smiling?" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked to him, "Nothing. I just really like walking in the snow because it feels romantic. I love cheesy romance, as you can guess," I replied. He nodded as he took that in, "Even with me?" he smirked. I laughed, "Yes, specially with you," I teased.

At this point, we were both laughing. "So, tell me about yourself," he said to me.
I smiled as I furrowed my eyebrows, "About me? There's not much to say."
He shrugged, "There must be something."

I thought about it for a second, "Okay, maybe a couple of things," I smiled.

"I bet they're real interesting" he smirked.

"Oh, very," I agreed sarcastically.