Chapter Ten

He was leaning on the wall, texting someone.

To say he looked hot, would be a major understatement. He looked downright something else. Just when I thought he couldn't get any hotter, he does this.

He was in a grey t-shirt that was hugging his body, sculpting his features, with black jeans which weren't down to his butt, which I really appreciated. Now that I thought about it, he never wore his pants low. Always at his waist, like it's supposed to be worn.
To top it all off, a black leather jacket was thrown over his outfit, making him look like an overall being of hotness.

Deciding to stop staring, I cleared my throat to indicate to him that I'm here. I swear he did a double look, then smiled at me. Yes, smiled, not smirked. "You look beautiful." Me being me, I obviously blushed at the compliment. "Thanks. You look great, too," I smiled back. Hoping my cheeks were back to its normal color.

"Let's go," I said and walked out the door, him following behind. We hopped into my car and he said he'd drive, and I let him. Yeah, I know what you're wondering. Why would I let Ryan James drive my car? Well, simple answer. I'm getting a new car in less than a week, on my 18th birthday.

Birthday reminded me...
"When's your birthday, Ryan?" I asked cautiously, narrowing my eyes at him. He didn't see the look because he didn't look my way.

"December 21st. This Friday," he replied.
My eyes widened in shock. "And you're turning 18?" I asked eagerly. He swiftly nodded.

"Oh my god! We're twins!" I exclaimed.
He chuckled, "Yeah, you're turning 18 this year, too."
I shook my head furiously, "No, you don't get it! We're literally twins. My birthday is also on the 21st!"
He glanced at me, and then back at the road. "You're kidding, right?"
"Not at all," I replied.
"O-M-G, twinzies!" he said in a fake, high-pitched voice.
I laughed and playfully smacked his arm. "Hey! No hitting the driver."
I pouted, "I'm sowwy."
He chuckled. "But for real. Your birthday is this Friday? As in, on my birthday?"
I nodded. He smirked, "I guess this is the day two awesomenesses were born."

"Except it's only me here," I teased.
"Hey, I am very awesome," he defended.
"If it helps you sleep at night," I offered with a shrug.
"You're a bully," he fake cried.
"Too bad," I said, wiping a fake tear.

He glanced at me, "You should've worn a jacket or a coat or something on top. It's snowing, and it's cold."

"I always keep a jacket in the car." He nodded.

"Where is the party anyways?" I asked, looking at the road.
"Christoper's house. It's downtown," he answered.
I nodded and turned on the radio. Hands To Myself by Selena Gomez started blaring through the car music system, and I jumped in excitement. "I love this song!" Ryan chuckled, "It's about a girl not being able to keep her hands to herself," he scoffed. Then a smirk crept onto his face. Uh oh.
"Now that I think about it, it's a song about you."

I blinked. Once. Twice. My face reddened and I was already thinking up threats to say to him.

"Can't think of any threats?" his voice interjected in my mind. I scoffed. How is it that only three days and he already knows me inside out!

"Shut up," I managed to say. His jaw dropped. "Seriously? Are you really not saying one of your intimidating threats? Or making a sarcastic comeback? Or saying anything besides something as simple as 'shut up'?" Amusement filled his eyes.

"I'm on break," I muttered lowly.
"Ho ho, I never thought I could shut you up," he said with an amusing smile. I bet he's real proud of himself right now. Jerk face.

"We're here," he announced as he drove onto a driveway.
We both got out of the car and walked inside the house.

Music was blaring at full mode, and drunken teenagers were scattered all over the place. The dance floor that was created was swamped with hormonal teenagers grinding onto each other. I was the only one dressing modest. As others had most of their clothes off.

"What is so enjoyable in this?" I asked rhetorically.

Ryan was already making his way to his pals. Which was weird, I mean, he's been here for three days and he's already a hotshot.

"Riley!" a familiar voice called out from somewhere.
In a second, Chloe and Holly came and hugged me. Holly whistled, while Chloe said, "Girl, you look hot."
I rolled my eyes, and then my eyes scanned over hers and Holly's outfits.

I had already seen Chloe's dress, so I focused on her makeup and hair.

Her makeup was done simply, but flawlessly. With golden eyeshadow, a perfect winged liner, and pink matt lipstick, she looked beautiful.

Holly's dress was a black mini dress. Her neck line was a plunging V, showing a whole lot of cleavage. It tied around her neck like a halter dress, and the bodice was matt black. From the waist down, the black dress was still hugging her curves. The dress stopped a little above her mid-thighs.
Her makeup was bold. Dark, smokey eyes, and red matt lips.

I grinned at both of their looks. "You both look gorgeous tonight."

They thanked me and asked where Ryan was.

"With his pals over there," I pointed to where he headed. He was surrounded by girls. Ashley was gripping onto his thigh, while her hands were on his chest.

Chloe must've noticed me glaring at Ashley. Why I was glaring at her, I'll never know.

"Seems like there's trouble in paradise," she smirked.
I rolled her eyes, "There's no 'paradise'" I air quoted, "between Ryan and I."
She snorted, "Sure there isn't."

I was so busy conversing with Chloe, that I didn't notice there was someone behind me until Chloe's eyes laid behind me. I turned around and saw Ryan smirking up at is.
"Is something amusing you?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.
"Nah. It's not really rare that girls talk about me, ya know." He's so egoistic, ugh.
"Conceited much?" I retorted.
"Just the truth," he shrugged simply.
I shook my head. "You're conceited, egoistical, selfish, absorbent in yourself, and a crazy, delusional, hormonal almost-18-year-old, 9 year old." I narrowed my eyes at him as I said it.
He raised his brows in amusement. "Geez, I've never had so many compliments at once, before. This must be my lucky day." He smirked.

"You wish they were compliments," I said.
"But they already are," he winked at me and turned his back to me to walk back to where he was seated.

"You two are insane," Chloe said, shaking her head. I scoffed in reply.
"Insanely in love!" she shrieked.
I rolled my eyes, "If anything, we insanely want to kill each other."
This time, she rolled her eyes. "Denial," she said in a sing-song tone.

"We're done talking about.. Ryan. Let's get some drinks." I said and dragged her to where the bar was located.

"Hello to you," the bartender smiled at me. "And you, too," he smiled at Chloe. That made me wonder where Holly went. Eh, probably dancing with someone.

"Hey," I smiled back.
"What would you like?" he asked.
"What do you suggest?" I asked.
"Hmm. Light or heavy?" he asked me.
"Light," I sheepishly smiled.
He chuckled and nodded at me. "And what would you like, ma'am?" he asked Chloe. "Whatever you're giving her," she smiled and he smiled back as he left to get our drinks.