Chapter Twenty

Riley's pov again-

It's been about five minutes, he's staring at me and we've stopped in front of our house. He looks like he's thinking about something really hard, and that's fine, but why does he have to stare at me so intensely while doing so? Or maybe he's just unfocused..

Yeah, probably the latter.

I've been calling his name for the past few minutes, and I don't think he's hearing me. I'm creeped out, plain creeped out.

"Ryan.." I said his name again, while giving his arm a little shove.

His eyes widened, as if realization hit him like a truck, and he kept looking at me.

"W-what's wrong?" I was getting scared at this point.
After a minute of silence, he spoke up. Finally. "L-lets go, uh," he muttered a 'where do we go', "uh, uh, inside! Yes, inside. Let's go." The entire time he said that, he avoided eye contact while I was desperately trying to get him to look at me, maybe to figure out what happened in the past five minutes of him thinking.

He opened the door with his key, which he was stumbling over, and finally went inside. I followed him in and saw he went straight to his bedroom and shut the door.

I sighed, and went to my room to finally get the sleep I thought I well deserved.

***

"Ryan! We're late!" I yelled as I took whatever clothes I thought would look good together and hurried into my bathroom.

"Shit," I heard Ryan faintly curse from his room. "Be ready in five minutes," he yelled to me and I yelled out an 'okay'.

Wearing my outfit, I threw my hair up in a ponytail and hurriedly put pencil liner on my lower lash line, and Chapstick on my lips. I went to my room and put on shoes and I could see Ryan doing the same thing from across the room, as both of our doors were open.

He looked up, and our eyes locked. "Ready?" he asked. I nodded and grabbed my phone and headphone and house keys and shoved it in my bag.

"Nate is going to kill both of us," I stated.
"I bet he's gonna jump on you," he huffed a laugh.

We got into my car and drove to the park, which took us only about five minutes since it's very close.

I parked the car and quickly got out and ran out to where we were supposed to meet. As I neared, I saw everyone was already there. Of course, everyone except Ryan and I.

I stopped in front of them and Nate jumped on my back. "You're late! You, are, late!"

I tried to get him off, but failed miserably. I looked at my friends to ask them for help, but they were all laughing their heads off, including Ryan.

"By ten minutes! Spare me!" I wailed but he still didn't let go. Finally I bit his hand, and he dropped to the ground. "My arm," he whimpered. Okay, I didn't bite very hard, but just enough for him to let go.

After we had all calmed down from our very.... eventful moment... we started planning.

"Ices skating?"
"No."
"Fishing?" Nate got a weird look for that from everyone. He raised his hands, "Just suggesting."
"Road trip?" Evan suggested.
"No, too cold."
"Bowling?"
"That's a good idea," we all agreed and jotted it down.
Yes, we were jotting them down.
"Museum?"
"Nate, shut up."

"Snow fight?"
"Yasss," Holly yelled. We all chuckled and jotted that down, too.
"There's this new arcade, how about that?" Evan said.
We all grinned at that idea, that's a definite.
For the next 30 minutes, we were throwing ideas and writing down the good ones.

So far, we got bowling, snow fight, arcade, movie (I know that's simple, but there's this new movie that we all wanted to watch), eating at a fancy restaurant, and camping in the forest.

"Let's eat at a fancy restaurant today. What say?" Evan said. Since none of us had anything planned for today anyways, we decided that would be a good idea.

"Let's go, then," Nate said, but Chloe had to stop him right there.
"We can't go to a fancy restaurant in these attires! We need to dress fancy," she insisted.

Even though dressing up isn't my favorite thing, it's not my least favorite thing either. Plus, I wouldn't want us to look out of place at a fancy restaurant.

"Ima agree with Chloe on this one," Seb said.
"Of course, you would," I teased. He rolled his eyes, but I could still see the light pink tint on his cheeks.

"But I do agree, or we'll look out of place," I said.

We decided to go home and change, and directly meet everyone at this restaurant called Eastin.

After that, we all dispersed and went home.

.

Locking my door, I pick out my outfit. Obviously, I'd have to wear a dress.

I picked a dress that's in a combination of dark blue and white, (picture to the side), and wore it, then did a braided half up-half down on my hair, and redid my lower lash line liner and nude colored lipstick on my lips. As for shoes, I decided white wedges would do, so I went for it.

I walked out of my room and saw Ryan leaning against his bedroom doorway, texting on his phone. He heard me come out, and looked at me. A sign of approval flicked across his eyes, and he smiled. "You look great." I blushed at his compliment, but saw his smirk return, which means his cocky self also returned, "But not more than me."

I mockingly nodded my head as if agreeing, but disagreeing. Did that make sense? No? No. Well, I don't make sense.

He was in dark blue shirt, which was rolled up to his elbow, and dress pants. To say he looked stunning, would be an understatement. He looked simply breathtaking.

We walked towards the front door, but before I could make it outside, he gripped my wrist and turned me to face him, "But for real, you look stunning," he whispered in my ear.

Tingles ran through my spine, as I closed my eyes, taking in his smell. Call me creepy, but he smelt of mint and cocoa, so you can't really blame me. He smelled like a miracle.

I shrugged on my jacket, and he did the same, and we proceeded to my car.

The first thing I do, is take my jacket off and turn the heaters on, along with the radio. Drag Me Down by One Direction was playing, and I smiled proudly as I knew all the words to it.

"Are you a directioner?" I asked Ryan.
He looked at me as if I told him 'I know how to make bombs.'
I rolled my eyes, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't want to ruin your manhood. Let me rephrase my question, do you like One Direction?"
He laughed. "Yeah, I like them."

After that, we talked about different artists. We talked about artists we loved, and artists we hated.

It was safe to say that we had more in common than I realized.