Chapter 4: How Hard Could It Be?

Today I decided to go with a darker makeup selection. Usually I have light pink eye shadow, and nude lips, but I wanted to be outgoing. Maybe it was to impress Jax...

Or, maybe I just wanted to look good while I told the JMJs that I got a boyfriend in less than two days.

I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was put on my shoulders, I had on a a black crop top and put on burgundy high waisted jeans and chunky heels to complete my outfit. I decided to leave the beanie since my hair was looking so good today. 

As I walked downstairs I saw Rachel gawk at me.

"Gosh, went a little out on the makeup? Why are you trying to be so punk rock?" She snickered.

I snickered. "Says the girl who is a huge wanna be. At least I go with my own mind and don't copy other peoples styles. Do you really think the mom jeans look good on you?" I grabbed an apple and took a huge bite and watched her hurt expression.

She dusted off the imaginary dust bunnies on her jeans and rolled her eyes.

"Whatever." She pointed her nose up.

I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. I had a hunch today was gonna be a hella good day.

•••••

Jamie walked up to me while I got my locker settled.

"Nice makeup. Good step up for trying to find a boyfriend quicker!" She smiled. "Gotta get to class early catch ya later-"

"Actually," I stopped her before she walked off, "I have a boyfriend. I asked a guy yesterday."

Jamie's mouth fell open and she raised her hand for me to high five it.

"Yas sister! You go girl! I knew you could do it." She gushed.

"Whats his name? Who is he?" Jamie asked, interested in the topic.

"He's new here and his name is
Jax." I answered.

"Jax? The guy you stated that you didn't like yesterday?" She eyed me in confusion and suspicion.

"Um yeah!" I chucked nervously. "I guess I actually had to listen to my feelings and not my mouth." I quickly took my books out my locker for my next class. "You know us girl," I added. "We don't know what we want until it's right in front us."

Jamie chucked. "Yeah I guess. I'll catch you later. Bye!" And then she was gone.

I sighed in relief.

Any slip up Paige, and it could be the end of you, I told myself.

As I slammed my locker I saw Jax on the other side with his signature smirk. He scared the shīt out of me also.

"That was a close one, huh?" He said.

"Jesus christ Jax! Please don't do that ever again if you don't wanna give me a heart attack!" I glared at him.

"Now I know my plans tomorrow."
He smirked evilly.

I punched him in the shoulder and gathered my stuff, ready to walk away.

"Now hey, thats no way to treat a boyfriend." He pouted. "Now c'mon let me walk you to class." He held out his hand.

"I'm not going to hold your hair now
Jax! None of the JMJs are even around." I said.