Deception

When Athena and the other teenagers had left the room, the adults started to really take in their situation.

"I can't believe she hit you..."mumbled Camila in disbelief.

"Oh I can. You all may be their mothers, but I know your kids temperment better than you all do. Your lucky she stopped herself, especially with the stress her body is feeling right now as her powers grow. I'm going to make sure she's calming down. I would advise you all to stay away from the girls until tomorrow, from the glares they were sending you before they left, none will be nice enough to talk to you. I'll find a room for them, I doubt they'll want to seperate." Sofie announced leaving the room.

"We have to let them in to the makings of the plans girls, we can't shelter them." Demi sighed looking around the room.

"Their just..." started Ally weakly.

"Their powerful woman, who maybe young, but world domination isn't waiting for them to grow up. They have more training than most the kids in this place." Demi cut her wife off sternly.

Dinah and Normani looked at each other fearfully, and conceded their own arguments.

"What should we do then?" asked Maggie tiredly.

Lauren stared at a blank wall as a plan formed in her mind, grimacing at the sacrifice that had to be made.

She never took her eyes off the wall as she answered,"We handle the girls tomorrow. The rest of us will have jobs to do. Marissa I want you taking blood from every person in this school, including our children and seeing if their genes will accept mine. We need as many with my abilities as we can get, but only if they are worthy to have them. Simon, I want you to gather your strongest elementals, and do a world wode search for any before Maia and Ariana get to recruit anymore. They've had over a decade to plan this, so we have to catch up. The rest of you divide the students and train them fiercely with everything you know for the next two months. We'll need as many good fighters as we can get. Bea will reach out to the elementals around the world and help Simon gather as many as we can for our defense. Emily since you have worked in a lab before, I need you to help Marissa find something that will kill me off. If you have to, make an antidote so if we defeat Maia it will stop the process. But I want no chances of my blood in the wrong hands, so be careful."

The woman nodded, already discussing with each other their new roles, when Camila walked towards her wife, raising her hand to touch her in comfort.

Before she could touch Lauren's skin, Lauren backed away from her, making her flinch and said,"I need to speak to Demi. Alone."

The other woman in the room looked at the Guardian and their leader confused.

"Why?" asked Camila frustrated.

"Yeah, we always solve things together." Normani demanded glaring.

Lauren's eyes filled, and she turned her back from her wife and friends as she said,"Demi has her own job right now, and for now it will be between us. I know its not what your used to, but it is necessary. When you are meant to know, you will know."

"I'm your wife! We're a team!" Camila exclaimed angrily.

Lauren whipped around and shouted,"We are not a team! We used to be, but we have not been a team in years! So as my wife, if you are no longer someone I can rely on, then we go back to the beggining! I am the leader, and Demi is my Guardian! I have a mission for her, and if I need it to be between us, then respect that. You have spent years, making me feel guilty for how I chose to raise our daughter, and I will not do this anymore! I need someone who will trust my judgements, and You, Ally, and Normani and even sometimes Dinah don't! I understand mother hood changes you, but you've allowed yourselves to get tunnel vision, and we can not afford it with this world and the lives of our kind at risk! Everytime I turn around, I feel the hostility you all throw at me when I make you guys risk your families as if I want you to have to risk them! I need someone who still see's the big picture, and I'm sorry to say you don't."