The power of Loss

Camila shook as the ground around her split. The crack started to get wider as it shook the foundation around them. Tree's fell, rocks appeared from the deep inside the crevice as birds flew from the tree's surrounding the school, frantic to get away from the unstable elemental. Tears ran down her face as she begged her wife to come back.

She kneeled on the cracked pavement as the shakes continued, oblivious to the screams of her friends and family around her as she cried for her soulmate. She hated herself for not seeing what was right in front of her. Her wife had planned this from the moment they entered this school. She purposefully had distanced herself in order to make it less suspicious. Then last night, the most perfect night Camila has had in months, and it was a goodbye.

The pain of losing her wife due to her obliviousness, proved everything Lauren and Demi had been telling her for months. She wasn't a member of the five anymore, she was a housewife. She got swept up in playing house, she had neglected her surroundings, neglecting responsibilities. But Lauren hadn't. She had balanced it as best as she could on her own, while the rest of the girls were content with their semi regular lives. Lauren didn't deserve this.... Camila knew that, and more than half of her, hated herself for it. The pain she felt in her soul as Lauren drew farther away, was a ache that burned and consumed her consciousness.

The ground stopped shaking, yet Camila's body continued, almost as if it was in a state of shock. Camila had stopped sobbing, as tears just ran down her face as she numbly stared in the direction her wife had been.

The shouting around her stopped, as the others slowly got up from the ground, afraid it would start again.

Normani, Dinah and Ally were shaking from the shock of what just happened, and were about to approach Camila, when Athena motioned them to wait, approaching her mother carefully. She knelt next to her mother, shakily grabbing her shaking hands as she whispered,"mom?"

Camila didn't take her gaze from the front gates, only whispered,"She's gone. Your mom is gone... My soul mate is gone... Please, wake me up. Please tell me this isn't real."

Athena cried openly and hoarsely said,"I'm sorry mom. It's real. She's gone, but we will get her back, I promise you we will do whatever we have to."

"I didn't see... She was saying goodbye and I didn't see it. I didn't get to say goodbye." Cried Camila hysterically.

Athena wrapped her arms around her mother, relieved when she felt her mother hold onto her tightly. Her gaze lifted to her Aunt Sofies, and her eyes filled with tears of regret and sorrow as she whispered,"Forgive me mom."

Before Camila could respond, Athena had injected her in the neck with a sedative. When her eyes met her mothers, she watched as brown eyes looked at her with an expression of betrayal, before quickly passing out in her daughters arms.

Athena caught her, as Her three unsuspecting aunts cried out in outrage.

"What the hell did you shoot her up with?!" Demanded Normani rushing to Camila's side.

"It's a sedative. It was Lauren's idea incase Camila didn't take her surrender well." Sofie explained emotionally, having just lost her sister in law was taking a toll on her.

"Well Lauren just thought of everything didn't she?!" snapped Ally, crying tears of anger and sorrow.

"You have questions, we don't have time for them. We have to execute the plan we made now, or Lauren's sacrifice will be for nothing. Sofie get everyone ready to leave in twenty minutes. Everyone knows their team leaders and what is expected of them. Athena take your mother and your team to the jet. I'll pack her a bag while I'm grabbing mine. Girls, I know your mad, trust me, when Lauren came up with this plan... I wasn't thrilled, but I spent over two months trying to find some way out of this situation. We both did, and we found no other way. So please, try your best to put aside your anger for the moment until we're safe. I'm still unsure if this is a trap or not yet, so we need to be out of here now." Demi ordered, taking charge immediately.