Chapter 5 - Family

Shiori pov:

"Who is she? She's really pretty!"

"Yeah! I wonder if she's from the neighboring High school....should we try talking to her?"

"No way man! She's too pretty! I'll probably faint before I even manage to look at her face for five minutes!"

I closed my eyes for a moment as I smiled. I was sitting on the seats on one side the soccer field in Karakura High and students who passed by whispered their thoughts about me. I was reading a book ahile taking occasional glances at Ichigo as he practiced for one of the Interschool Matches that was just a couple of days away. He had planned on wrapping up a little early today because he had to meet up with some of his friends from Soul Society.

I had planned to drop him off at Kisuke san's shop before heading to his house to take care of Karin and Yuzu until he got back or until Isshin san was done attending to his patients in his clinic. Even though Ichigo usually left the perverted mod soul in his human body while he went out in shinigami form, he didn't trust Kon enough to leave him to take care of his sisters.

Besides, I could cook them some snacks and prepare dinner before heading home myself. I had informed the hospital that I was taking the evening off and that I wouldn't be able to attend any calls. Well, it wasn't a problem if I wasn't in the hospital because the other doctors were there to take care of anything that came up.

I had been introduced several people in the past two weeks I have known Ichigo. I met his school friends who also happen to be the people he fights alongside against hollows. Ishida Uuryu, a Quincy....kind of different from shinigami but believed to have been a pretty special bunch of people who fought hollows for a very long time; Yasutora Sado and Inoue Orihime whom I had met in my house before, who were regular humans but had a special ability. Sado was super strong while Orihime had healing and the ability to put up powers. Well, rather than healing, it was something that affected time.

Besides his 'save-the-world-team' friends, I had also met a few more of his close classmates. Arisawa Tatsuki, Asano Keigo and Kojima Mizuiro. They were his close friends in his class and they were really impressed when they heard about me being a surgeon on demand at Sayaki at just 20 years of age. Apparently, Tatsuki was more aware of the others. She was surprised to see me in person but she had heard of me before.

I had also visited the Urahara shop where I met Kisuke san and Yoroichi san. I learnt a lot more about Soul Society and shinigami and hollows when I had visited them. Well, Kisuke san had seemed a little wary of me when I was first introduced but then he was cheerful throughout the rest of our time there. I don't know why it had bothered me, but in the end he just said that I sort of reminded him of someone he used to know in Soul Society.

I wasn't completely convinced of that explanation though. I had been sort of uneasy after he said that but the next few times that I visited, he didn't seem to look at me suspiciously again. Assuming that I was the one being paranoid, I had pushed out those thoughts from my mind.

"A-ano...." I came out of my thoughts and looked to the side when I heard a meek voice. There was a boy in the Karakura High uniform standing a little away from me. He was squirming and he blushed when our gazes met. I giggled and rested my chin in my palm as I looked at him.

"Yes? Can I help you?" He flinched before turning his head to the side and rubbing his neck awkwardly. I noticed a group of boys trying to get the best view from a few meters away. They were shoving against each other to get a view of my face and what would happen with the boy when he spoke to me.

"U-uh....well, t-the thing is....um....my name is H-Hazuki Oshida. I think you're really pretty! Would you go out on a date with me?!" He literally yelled and some people who were passing by stopped to look at the commotion. The boy, Oshida, was bowing. I could see the blush reaching all the way till his ears and he had his eyes shut tightly.