Chapter 10 - Taken Away

Shiori pov:

I am so stupid. I cant believe I turned down Isshin san's offer to drop me to the hospital! I had to be a smart ass and tell him I'm totally fine taking a taxi from the main road, didn't I?

He had sprayed more of the pain reliever and wrapped a sprain bandage on it but it still hurt like hell. I had hurt the tendon pretty badly, tearing it even, and I was limping.

But I didn't want to bother him. Ichigo was still wrapped in bandages and even though he trusted Ichigo to be able to hold out in front of the Arrancar, I think he was thinking too little about it. I had sensed both Ichigo's and the Arrancar's reiatsu and they were no joke. Maybe Isshin san had gotten a little rusty being in the human world. Or maybe during his time, shinigami weren't as tough. Whatever the fact, knowing about the Arrancar targeting Ichigo could not put my heart at ease.

I stopped after a little walking, leaning against a wall as I shut my eyes. I was breathing heavily, the pain too much for me to handle at the moment. My eyes stung painfully in frustration hating the fact that I felt so horrible. I just wish I could teleport to my house and sleep for a good eight hours! Then again, I'm the one pushing myself to the limit. I have to start learning how to restrict my timings and take care of my heath too. I felt really overworked.

And I cant believe I twisted my ankle just getting off a chair! How clumsy can I be?!

"You." I snapped my head up hearing a voice in front of me. I hadn't heard anyone walk up to me and I was half expecting that a bunch of perverts or stalkers were here to confront me. I wouldn't be able to do much in my condition, though I could have kicked their butts and made a run for it if I was better.

But the minute I looked up, my eyes went as wide as possible, hurting around the edges. I felt the blood drain out from my face and I couldn't breathe. Right in front of me, barely ten feet away stood that Arrancar I had seen last afternoon.

I could already hear my heart pounding in my ears as I began to sweat. I took a step back; bad mistake. I put too much weight on my right leg hurting my ankle....again....and I fell to my rear while holding in a line of curses I wanted to scream to cover up for the pain. I held my right leg as I waited for the piercing pain through my leg to lessen.

I heard footsteps and I tensed. Looking up again, the Arrancar was looking down at me skeptically. His face looked passive, those emerald green eyes boring into mine. I clenched my jaw as I scooted back a little, knowing fully well that I really had no way to escape someone with his power. The way he had swatted away Kisuke san's attack flashed in my mind and it didn't do any good in giving me any courage.

"I don't see what Aizen sama wants with a weak human like you." He mumbled mostly to himself. He had his hands in his pockets and I could barely sense his reiastu. I guess he was hiding it but I clearly remember how it had felt earlier this afternoon. There was no way I wanted to get on this guy's bad side.

Now that I think about it, Kisuke san had told me to meet him on the way back from work. I had begun to wonder what he wanted to tell me.....was it just as I had thought? Did these Arrancar want to kill me because I had seen them? Or was this guy going to have my soul add to his power? The way he kind of degraded me by calling me weak made my second question sound pretty stupid. But I was not getting even a single good thought as I looked at him in the eyes unblinking.

"Aizen sama wishes for you to come to Hueco Mundo, human." I resisted from flinching when he spoke in that cold voice. I found it rude that he called me human with such distaste.

"Aizen?" I asked warily only to earn a narrow gaze from him.

"Yes. Aizen sama gave me the responsibility to bring you to Hueco Mundo. He said that I am not to harm you but if you resist, I will be forced to use methods to make sure you can't escape." I clenched my jaw tightly at his words.