Chapter 14 - Espada's Pillow

Shiori pov:

"Ah.....finally done!" I huffed out as I wiped my hands on a towel. It was just after a meal and I was done washing the used dishes as well as cleaning out anything that was left unused. We didn't have a refrigerator here so all the food was a onetime use.

I have been here for about a week now. Its been pleasant actually. All I've had to do is prepare and have meals regularly with the three shinigamis and clean up after that. Aizen san occasionally sends Aldous to inform me he wants tea and I wait standing beside him while he drinks his beverage. He hasn't made me sit in his lap after the first time and I'm glad for that.

Aizen san did say that his Espada could have me 'help' them in any way they wanted except for doing anything that degraded me. However, none of them have turned up. I guess they find me to be pretty useless after all; why would an Espada need my help anyway? Its an obvious no-no situation.

Right now, it seems like I'm here just to be the shinigamis' personal chef and waitress. I wish I could at least put my medical skills to use sometime....this is such a weird job! I still don't get why I had my butt dragged all the way here!

I guess I cant really complain too much. I'm not stressed with work anymore, I've been fairly relaxed and it has helped my complexion and my health pick up quite a bit. Aizen san isn't really as intimidating as before. Well, I do find it uncomfortable and oppressive in his presence because of his reiatsu but I know I'm not going to be harmed. Besides, I have occasionally seen a distant and searching expression in his eyes. I don't know what he's thinking and his behavior has made me quite curious.

I sighed shaking my head at my hopeless thoughts.

I walked out of the kitchen back to the room allotted to me. My routine was quite boring. Thankfully I had three books with me that I had wanted to read for quite some time but I hadn't because of my busy work timings. I had the time now but once I was done with those books, I'd have absolutely no way to pass time. I wonder how I was going to survive then.....

I sat down on the couch and sighed as I looked up at the ceiling. Everything around me was silent like always. My thoughts floated away blankly all the recent incidents that happened to me flashing in front of my eyes like a messy picture. It was kind of stressful to think about the pros and cons of my situation....well especially the cons.

I had a feeling I was helping the bad guy. These guys were fighting against Ichigo and Soul Society. The main reason Ichigo got injured was because of Ulquiorra and Yami....and they were Espada. Ichimaru san had told me that they were here because they felt Soul Society was getting out of hand and Aizen san would take the place of God to bring order to the world. But when I thought about it, the idea seemed pretty farfetched. How was one person gaining power by forcefully making others submit to him going to bring out peace and order?

He was most likely an enemy going after his desire for power. And here I am stuck helping him. Well, I wasn't really helping him to gain power or anything that was probably taking him closer to his goals, but I was still doing his bidding to an extent, right?

I closed my eyes for a moment sighing. I sat up straight and reached for one of my books to read some more. I could have looked out the window or stood in the balcony to look at the endless landscape of Hueco Mundo but there was only one window at the ceiling level which didn't give me any good views. So passing time like that, was out of question.

I removed the bookmark and barely read two lines on the page I had stopped at. I looked up when I heard footsteps and I saw one of the Espada standing there. He was 6 feet tall, just like Aizen san and Ichimaru san. He had brown hair that reached till the nape of his neck and steel blue eyes. His hollow hole was near his collar bone and the mask like a necklace around his throat. He had a bit of a goatee and his expression was one of boredom and irritation.