Chapter 5|| Shoplifting

Thank you all so much for reading, it's a sucky story but whatever. Thanks for reads!

"Actually, I can."
-Anonymous
+++ +++
Victoria's P.O.V.||
We both sat panting in the tank, it was becoming incredibly hard to breathe. I rolled my head to the side, sweating coating my face. I looked at the dead walker, it's lifeless eyes staring back. I looked down, realizing it had weapons. I pulled a grenade of it's vest, carefully tossing it Rick. A machine gun sat across it's back, which I really wanted. After a few minutes of half-hearted struggle, I got the gun from it's back.

"Hey, you two, dumbasses," a static voice came through the radio. We both instantaneously scrambled to the radio, fumbling for the speaker.
"Hello? Hello, are you still there?" I desperately called out.

"Yea, I'm here, now do you want out or not?"
"Yes, yes please, can you help us?" I pleaded.
"The geeks are distracted, chowing down on that horse. If you can make it out of the tank and run about a block down, there will be an alley. I'll be there," he explained.

"Okay we'll be there, hey, what's your name?" Rick asked. I looked at him in disbelief, and the man scoffed.
"Have you been listening? Go!" He yelled. Rick nodded and checked his rounds before crawling back to the top tank entrance. We both took a deep breath of the stale air and shot out of the top. Rick took off running, me following close behind. I looked ahead, not wanting to see the impending doom following behind us. A cold dead hand shot out from the side of a building , snatching my foot.

"Rick!" I shouted, falling to the ground. I kicked back at the walker with everything I had in me, seeing the massive crowd of walkers less than a yard away.

"Come on!" He yelled, grabbing my hand. I stumbled to my feet, setting off again. We reached the alley and swing around the corner, the horde following us closely.
A young Asian man stood in the alley way, shifting his weight on his feet, looking anxious. At the sight of us and the walkers behind us, his eyes widened.
"Follow me!" He shouted. He jumped onto a covered latter, beginning the long ascent upwards. I surged ahead of Rick, grabbing a yellow rung and pulling myself up. I shot up about twenty steps before I looked down.

Rick's sweaty face was just below my feet, and directly below us were hundreds of walkers. I swallowed hard and began climbing after the Asian man again. My palms were slick due to an immense amount of sweat, but I managed to make it up the tall ladder without slipping.

Breathing heavily, Rick , the Asian man, and I sprawled across the roof of a building. The Asian man sat up and pulled out a radio.
"T, get ready," he whispered into it. A raspy response that I couldn't quite hear came back over the static. The man stood up shakily and began walking to a door set up at corner of the roof. We ran down the steps into a building filled with random debris.
"We run out of this door, across the alley, don't wait up," the man explained. Rick and I nodded, prepping for a final run as the man swung open the door. He took off ahead of us, leaving Rick and I at his feet. Two men in black suits came out with bats, swing at a lone walker coming towards us. One black covered man wave his hands in pantomime to enter through the door. We shot through the open doorway, the black clad men following behind us. All five us gulping down air, we slid down the wall. The men in black raised their helmets, revealing a black man and a Mexican man.

"I'm T-Dog, this is Morales, and as you probably know, Glenn," T-Dog explained as he motioned to the men around him.
Rick stood up shaking each of their hands, as he stepped back against the wall a blonde woman ran up to him pointing a gun to his head.
"What the hell was that!?" She hissed. Rick looked at her with wide eyes, not particularly scared though. I extracted my knife, placing it to her arm.
"Don't you dare," I gritted out.
"Andrea," Morales warned. The girl, Andrea, stepped back from Rick. A black woman had appeared behind the action, making no sound.
"I'm Jacqui," the black woman said softly.
We all stood in tight tension until a gunshot rang out.