Chapter 3

Chapter 3. Step 1. Know your subject.

I looked around me. People are all busy. This is my first day in this not-so-ordinary school. This isn’t so bad after all. Napaghahalatang this school are only for students who can afford the tuition. In short pang mayaman ang school. Mahigpit ang security and maganda ang facilities. Acceptable in any way. I sit in one of the benches in front of the soccer field and opened my laptop. Then I typed…

How to Deathrone a Prince.
Step1: Know your subject.
            >>In order for you to succeed in this project, you must know your subject. You must know where is his parking lot, his subjects, his classrooms, the people he hang out with,  the time he arrives and leaves school, and the gossips that sorrounds him.

I closed my laptop afterwards.

There he is..I heard someone say. Tumingin ako kung saan tumingin yung nagsasabi noon and voila! The Prince just arrived and everyone is looking at him. Hmmm… It seems that everyone wanted to be noticed by him. He is with someone obviously older than he is.

I’m a biatch, I’m a lover
I’m a child I’m a mother
I’m a sinner I’m a sant
I do not feel ashamed
I’m your hell I’m your dream
I’m nothin’ in between
You know, you wouldn’t want it any other way

Darn! Istorbo! Sino ba to?

Nicole Calling…

Yes?

Era!!! Ay naman kung makasigaw itong si Nicole parang walang bukas.

Ano yun? Why did you call?

Why didn’t you tell me na mag aaral ka na?

Huh? Nagaaral naman ako before ah.

But not in a school. Why didn’t you tell me you’ll enroll at St. therese? Sigaw pa din niya. Schoolmates na ulit tayo.

Excuse me…

Sumenyas ako ng saglit sa kung sino mang taong gustong istorbohin ang pagtitili ni Nicole sa phone.

Nica, I’ll call you later then we’ll met at lunch ok?

Ok. Ok.  I’ll tour you afterwards. Bye then.

Ok. Bye. Then I turned off the phone.

I looked up kung sino man ang savior ko mula sa pagtitili ni Nica and standing in front of me is “The Prince”.

I was dumbfounded. But I immediately checked myself. I couldn’t allow myself to be smitten by him.

Excuse me, I believe you’re setting on my spot.

What spot?

That spot. The bench you’re sitting is my spot. The guys around him laugh. Maybe his friends. How dare him make fun of me. I opened my mouth to get back at him but stopped myself. Biatchiness won’t work on him. I should make an effort to be nice at him and to his friends and to everyone in this school because Princes  loves Damsels in Distress.  The ever boring romantic classic. Ewwwww..  It makes me vomit. I stopped myself from making faces.

Ah. Ok. You can have it then. I stand up and made an effort to clean the spot where I used to sit. I know I  am overacting but hell! Life wouldn’t be exciting if I suck on this project. The people around him laugh. And I walked away from them looking at the ground. When did I start to walk slouching? Now?

So the Prince is arrogant huh? And I smiled secretly.

I can’t wait to start.