t w e n t y

I dedicate this chapter to Alan Rickman (he was the actor the played Snape) because of his death, January 14th 2016. 😭😭💖

I arose and stretched. 6. Normally I'd go back to sleep, but after a night filled of tossing, turning and anxiety about the upcoming interrogation of our prisoners, I couldn't go back to sleep. I still needed something to fill the twelve hours, until the interrogation. I sighed and quickly got dressed as I decided to go into London.
    I apparated, and wandered the streets of London. With a start I realized I'd walked to the Leaky Cauldron. I walked in and into Diagon Alley.
    I took a deep breath as childhood memories flooded me. Coming here to buy school supplies. With Harry. And Ron. I choked down a sob as I saw each store, each one bringing a fresh wave of memories.
    Not surprisingly I found myself in front of my favorite store. I smiled as I entered the bookstore.
    "Anything I can do for you today?" A short balding wizard asked me. "Everything's half off, our holiday sale!" I smiled warmly as I nodded a no.
      I looked around and sighed as I remembered all my times coming here to buy books for school. School. If only Voldemort had stayed dead, if Ron hadn't broken up with me, if none of this had ever happened, I could have still been at school. Happily pursing another adventure with Harry, and Ron by my side. ( A/N I just finished the Harry Potter series for a third time! 😂😊 I sniff and swipe and a tear I feel rolling down my cheek. How did I get here? How do I get back? My life has rolled out of control, into a nightmare of battles between the people I love. Yes I know it's Voldemort. Voldemort who killed Fred. Lupin. Tonks. Lily & James. But these last couple months have been paradise. I saw another side of Voldemort. One who loved me. And cared for me. Draco, him, Narcissa, Sassy, Peter. The magical family I never had. Years of being called a Mudblood, never being able to really to come my parents with my problems, a magical family had been the thing I'd always dreamed about. Years I'd envied Ron. Then I'd met Dad, the Malfoys, everyone at Malfoy Manor and I'd finally fit in. But I couldn't give Harry and them up for it could I? Harry, George my friends. Friends or family my heart was broken and twisted. I needed to escape, before I started bawling on the floor of the bookstore.
I went outside and found it had started snowing. Light sparkling flakes turning Diagon Alley into a winter wonderland. Almost Christmastime. My favorite time of the year. Well used to be my favorite time of year. I needed to get away. Somewhere where Dad wouldn't find me. Somewhere where I could be alone for the rest of the day. I started running, out of Diagon Alley and into the streets of London, dodging people laden with heavy shopping bags. I run faster and faster, not knowing where I might end up, and not caring. I dart out into the street not seeing the double decker tour bus into too late. The world spins away from me, leaving me in darkness.
    I blink my eyes, and look around the small house.
    "Hello?" I cough.
      "Good, I see you're awake. Would you like some soup?" I stare into the man's face. It couldn't be. But there's no denying that face.
      "Severus Snape?"