CHAP.1

Tears trickled down Lia's eyes. She felt terrified and panicked but most of all sad. One of her most frightening nightmares had revisited her while she was sleeping. Lia could do nothing as she was forced to watch that painful nightmare through a haze as if she was taking morphine. She knew full well that she was asleep but had no power to wake up.

Lia looked out of her bedroom window. The sun was peeking out of the big oak tree. The sky was a beautiful myriad of colours. The time was most probably 6 a.m. She always loved the dawn, when everything was quiet, serene. At this time, nobody shouted at her or ignored her. It was just her and nature.

Lia heaved a huge sigh as she recalled that it was her first day in her new school. Feeling annoyed, she got out of her bed and quickly brushed her teeth. Though it was way early for school, she quickly put on skinny jeans and an oversized graphic tee and some converse. Grabbing her school bag from her chair she rushed out of her house, not wanting to spend any more time in that house than she had to.

Being new to this neighborhood, Lia roamed around and walked to the nearest park, which, fortunately, was only a couple of blocks from the school. Strolling around in the park, she pulled out her IPod and scrolled down her favourite playlist. As Ed Sheeran blasted from her earphones, a passing jogger knocked into her and she and the stranger fell to the ground.

'Hey! Watch where you're going!' Lia yelled. The stranger quickly helped her to her feet and apologized. Lia finally got to get a proper view of the stranger, who looked about her own age, 16.

'Hii, I'm Evan. You are?' The jogger asked. Though the guy was extremely gorgeous and looked friendly enough, Lia hesitated. She felt her trust issues kicking up. 'I'm nobody.' Lia replied curtly and walked on. She felt Evan's eyes on her back but she didn't turn and kept on walking.

Feeling everyone's eyes on her, Lia nervously made her way through the school hallway. 'This happens every-freaking-time!' she thought. Though it was 6.30, a full 30 minutes before classes started the school was packed with students. 'That's strange.' Lia collected her schedule roamed around the school for a bit.

Noticing that many people were still staring at her, she smiled wryly. 'After sometime they'll start ignoring me, you'll see' she chatted with herself, which unlike others she thought was perfectly sane. Lia was walking around the cafeteria, when she finally heard the bell ring, signaling everybody to go to class. Her first class was Mathematics. Lia hated maths. Pure effing hatred. Still not wanting to be late on her first day, she quickly joined the class.

The teacher began taking the attendance and when it came to Lia, he looked at her with a genial smile but to Lia it was the smirk of devil right before he drowned his victim in fire. Lia knew what was going to come and she didn't want it to happen. 'No, no, no, please, no.' she prayed to whatever god there was but her luck was shitty like hell.

'Ms. Lia Brown is a new student in our class students and I hope Lia will tell us something about herself?' the teacher asked. All eyes swiveled towards Lia who was feeling extremely uncomfortable with the sudden attention.

'Uhhhhhh, hye?' it came out more like a question. Couple of guys snickered at the back. 'Douchebags' Lia thought.

Then suddenly, 'Sir I'm so sorry. Please excuse my absence. I was juuu.....' The voice trailed off. Lia turned to see who had made the much welcome interruption and was shocked.

It was Evan, the morning jogger. He was staring incredulously at Lia.

Thankfully, sir turned his attention from Lia and motioned to her to sit down. With a frown, he turned towards Evan who was still staring hard at Lia. 'Evan, late as usual I see. Well it is the first day so I don't want to give you a detention. Sit down. And please stop staring at Lia.' The d-bags snickered again.

Evan, with a quick 'sorry' at sir, instantly sat down next to Lia. Lia noticed many of the girls had almost swooned when Evan came in and was now glaring at Lia. 'WTF' Lia mused increduously.