CHAP.2

The class started and Evan instantly turned towards Lia. Lia, however, made no indication that Evan even existed. She began to take out her notebook.

'Hey. Aren't you Nobody?' Evan joked as a conversation-starter. Lia frowned at him.

'Are you mentally challenged? Sir just said my name.' Lia snapped.

'Uhm. Okaayy. Not so much talkative are you?'

Lye couldn't believe Evan was still talking to him. 'No.' She replied with a finality in her tone. 'Please just leave me alone.' Lia sent out a silent message hoping Evan would pick it up. But thanks to her crappy luck, Evan seemed to get the total opposite message.

'Hey do you like Maths?'Evan kept on interrogating her.

'Why do you care?' Lia snapped.

'Just asking. No need to snap, sweetheart.' Evan raised his hands, surrendering. Did he just call her a sweetheart?. Suddenly Mr. Potter called out, 'Evan, Lia, please stop disturbing my class. Otherwise I'm going to have to give you detention.'

Lia was enraged but Evan was undaunted. He seemed to be determined to make Lia talk. 'So, why so serious?'Lia ignored him. 'A penny for your thoughts?' Lia kept on ignoring him. 'Hey Lia. I'm talking'

'That's it' Lia's hand went straight up attracting the attention of Mr. Potter. 'Lia?' 'Sir could you please exchange my seat with somebody else?'

"I'm sorry but no. The seats have already been assigned.' Lia's face fell.

She looked at Evan who looked like he had just won World War Z. He smiled at her which earned Lia the glares of the other girls.

'What the heck's wrong with this guy?'

After the first class, Lia tried her hardest to avoid Evan. It could have succeeded except the fact that Evan was in most of her classes. It was so freaking annoying. Evan seemed to be totally engrossed in making Lia talk and sat down or at least tried to sit down next to her in all the classes. Break came like a relief to Lia.

The bell rung signaling everyone about break and Lia went to the cafeteria. It was jam-packed with students which greatly irritated Lia. She was not a people-person at all. She bought her lunch and slipped off to the school grounds. There she began to eat her lunch.

Others had stopped staring at her and seemed to mark her as a weirdo already. She was far too used to it. Bouncing from one school to another, she had remained an outcast her entire life, even in her own home, or what is called her "home". It was not like she was like this her entire life. Once she had an enormous group of friends and was popular. All before that one incident, the event that ruined her life forever, that distanced her and her family so much that they barely address her anymore. But Lia doesn't blame them, because all of it was her own fault. It was her own fault that her dad couldn't look at her the right anymore, that she spent more than a quarter of her life as an outcast. The reason why her mom......

'Hey.' A voice, sorry, the voice interrupted her train of thoughts.

Lia was astounded that Evan had the guts to talk to her again. She thought her vibe about trying to ignore him was so strong that the whole school must have felt it. But this idiot kept on following her, interrupting her whenever possible. He must have made it his responsibility to make her life a living hell, even more than it already was.

Now Evan was probably trying to be friendly, but one thing that Lia doesn't do? Being friendly. She trained her mind to cope with the ignorance she faced everyday and succeeded in making herself hardcore.

Lia stared at Evan as if she had seen a new type of insect, particularly disgusting, particularly intriguing. Then she gave him her special death glare which she reserved for only special people.

'Oh shit! Are you crying?' Evan asked, concerned.

Lia was greatly surprised by the amount of concern in her voice. She did not realise that while reminiscing about the past she shed a few tears which was rolling down her cheeks. She mentally scolded herself. She was not a person to cry in public.

'No, just dust.' Lia defended.

'Oh please, that's the oldest line in the book and not really convincing as you just wiped your cheeks.' Evan pointed out smugly. Lia's temper rose.

'Will you stop? What's your problem, huh? Can't a girl get some peace around here? It's a free country. We have the right to roam around, talk, and even cry as we wish. We don't need to ask idiots like you for permission. Enough is enough, Evan!..........'

When Lia stopped ranting and shouting, she was gasping for breath and Evan looked shocked as if he just seen a really really weird ghost. Embarrassing? I know.

The bell for the end of break was a savior to Lia who immediately rushed out of the ground. Fortunately none of the other classes had Evan in it. Though Lia was relieved, she was a bit sorry for over-reacting like that.

The school day ended with a ring and Lia made her way towards her house. She was relieved to find that nobody was home. She walked upstairs, changed and washed off. She was tired like hell after such an eventful day and dozed off to sleep.

Lia was awoken an hour later by the front door banging open.