CHAP.8

Both Lia and Evan swiveled around to see who had made the very unwelcome intrusion.

Lia's mind was still numb after what just happened but it activated enough to see a hot blonde, wearing a tight tee shirt and leggings, most probably a girl from the school. Her brown eyes were smoldering with pure rage as she marched down towards them.

"Sophie, wha-"

"What I'm doing here?" The girl, apparently called Sophie, cut Evan off. "Seems like a question I should ask you!"

Lia's mind was fully functioning again and she registered the awkwardness of the situation. She could not believe she was actually making a move on a guy who already has a girlfriend. Even more than embarrassed, she felt a tinsy bit heart broken.

" Sophie, calm down. Before you kill me, let me introduce you to Lia."Hands raised ,as if surrendering, Evan pleaded.

The moment almost stretched to a breaking point, when Sophie relented, sitting down real close beside Evan, hands on his lap, guarding her treasure.

"Got the message loud and clear, girl." Lia thought fearfully, quailing under Sophie's hard stare.

Evan started introducing them.

" Sophie, this Lia. She is a new student and we first met here in this park. I knocked her over and, well, it was not a very good first impression. I saw her in class that day but she did not even look at me the proper way. But today in the morning_" Evan stopped , noticing that Lia was silently shaking her head, and immediately changed course." This morning we met here again, while I was jogging and she told me that she had to buy some clothes and I volunteered. Simple as that. Please don't be mad and kill me off with chain saw." Evan's introduction had turned to a plea for mercy.

Sophie smiled at that and the ice broke. Lia could still sense some suspicion but was glad that Sophie was no longer infuriated.

Evan turned towards Lia, " And Lia, this Sophie, my girlfriend." Evan almost seemed by sad by that fact but it could only be Lia's imagination.

"Cool, how long you been together?" Lia asked with a facade of cheerfulness. Actually she had no interest in their love story and wanted to get the hell out of there.

Sophie grinned girlishly at Lia and she was struck by how similar she looked to her sister. "Stop it!" Lia warned her mind, as rolls of pain came lashing out of her memories,

'Well, we met two years ago and I used hate him then. He used to be snobbish and act like a total jock. But overtime he became sweeter and more tolerable. We were together as an official couple for six months. Oh by the way I'm three years younger than him so don't ask me if you are gonna see me in class." Sophie explained fondly.

This play of emotions was making Lia sick. She had to get out of that place.

"Okay guys, nice meeting you but I have to run some errands. See you later. Bye." And with shopping bags in hands, she ran out.

Lia was ashamed of how open she became to a complete stranger. She knew him for like two days and she was gonna tell him her secret!

"You're one serious loser." She chided herself mournfully.

Suddenly she remembered what her father wanted. Reluctantly, she ran to carry out her father's orders. she hated doing his dirty works for him but after all, the bottom line was, he was her dad.

She entered a dark alley a street down her house.There she quietly walked to a dingy store. An old guy was sitting behind the counter. Yellow cigar tainted teeth showing, he asked what Lia wanted.

"An order was placed last week. I need the products. The money has already been paid.'

The guy reached behind the counter and took out 2 packets, all the time staring creepily at Lia.

"Already. sweetheart? This is bad for ya health, ya know." The creepy guy warned, suspicion ringing in his every notes.

"Yeah, you're the one to talk." Lia said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Great, now you reduced yourself to talking to a lazy-bum. Way to go, boo.

Lia grabbed the packets and immediately jogged out of that alley.

When she reached home, she saw her dad was still home. The TV set was blaring and he was snoring on the couch. His room was dirty as usual. Empty chip packets and beer cans can sprawled all over the place. Lia quietly placed the packet on the table, knowing full well what was in it. Then she tiptoed to her room.

Once she got there, she locked her door, knowing if her dad found she was gonna have to pay the price, as there was no locked doors in this house. But she had think over what happened today.

Today was eventful, to say the least. She met a guy again, she we to a mall after one year, bought her first dress in two years and for the first time ever considered telling her secret to somebody. She was surprised to find out that the guy had a girlfriend though she didn't know why she was surprised. Eventful doesn't exactly sum it up.

"What happened in the park was just a simple mistake. I was too overwhelmed by my emotions. And he also didn't give any signs, did he? No, NO, he didn't" Lia tried to calm herself down.

" But He Did seem a bit sad when he introduced you to Sophie didn't he?"her inner voice talked back irritatingly.

"Damn it, mind. Shut the hell up!"Lia shouted out loud.

Lia was astonished she was actually worrying about stuff like boys after all this time

But when she went to sleep, a small smile was plastered onto her face as she cuddled with the black dress that night.

A/N:

Guys, I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. It's just I had to take a sudden trip and that place had no internet. M sorry.Really.

Well as a treat the next chapter is going to be Evan's POV

Again sorry, I will try to update whenever possible.

Astalavista people.

Peace