CHAP.9

(Evan's POV)

"That was one heck of a day" Evan mused, much too tired to change his clothes as he slumped down on his bed. Kicking his shoes off at  random directions, he threw his head back on the pillow. Drowsiness was forcing his eyes close but he held out for as long as possible, just so he could think over the roll of events that occurred today.

First, he bumped into the much enigmatic girl again, held a complete stranger in his arms while she was crying, took her shopping, saw her turn from an average girl to a beauty model, heard her playing the most exquisite violin piece ever, almost kissed her when his girlfriend found him.

After Lia scampered off from the scene, Evan just could'nt bring himself to spend more time with Sophie. He was kind of annoyed by her and noticed she was giving Lia pointed glares all the time he was introducing them. That seriously irked him So he just excused himself, feeling nothing when he saw Sophie's crestfallen face.

For some reason, Evan's thoughts kept turning back to Lia in that black wrap dress. Some girls would die for curves like that. He remembered how she keeps blabbering when she's on a roll and chuckled drowsily.

The soothing music of Lia's violin kept playing over his mind, lulling him to sleep. Evan gratefully gave in, as he felt something stir deeply within him.

........

Evan was doing his second lap when he spotted Lia.

Evan made his way down the path to her. Lia was standing there for him with an almost expectant look on her face. She was wearing one of the outfits he made her buy from yesterday, jeans and spaghetti straps blue tops. The sight made Evan smile.

Evan came to a stop next to her, panting from his log run, doubling over with his hands on his stitches. Eyes closed, he sat down on the ground as he felt exhaustion sweep over him. When he finally looked up, he found Lia staring at him with an amused smile on her face.

"What?" Evan asked breathlessly.

"Nothing" Lia shook her head, all the time smirking.

"What?!"

Lia remained silent with a mirthful grin on her face. Evan was losing his patience by the moment.

" Ugh, fine. Thy need not confide in thine clandestine mystery, austere peasant. I will fare well by myself." Evan held his nose in the air egoistically as he mocked Lia with a Shakespearean accent. She played along.

"Oh but thy could do absolutely nought without mine blessed presence," Lia waved around her hand as if reciting a play.

"Blessed? Hah. You make me guffaw, my fair maiden" Evan snorted not caring if he's saying the right English or not.

" Thus, thy proved thine buffoonery to be laughing at the much truthful statement."

"Thee dare call me a buffoon. A BUFFOON. My beguiling maiden, you need to pay a visit to the physician. No one dare calls me a buffoon. I'm not a buffoon, man. I'm not, I'm not, I'm NOT!" Evan was stomping his feet on the ground, all the time acting like a six year old.

Lia was too busy laughing to reply. Rolling on the ground with laughter, she tried to calm herself down but remembered what happened and she started giggling again. Evan joined her, laughing his head off.

At last when they calmed down, they ended up lying on the grass, taking deep breathes. Evan saw the sunlight catch Lia's face and the sight took his breath away. Her emerald green eyes sparkled and tanned face seemed to glow golden. Her lush brown-black hair spread around her fanning her lean face, the sunlight really bringing out the the brown tints in her hair. Evan agin felt the familiar stirring in the bottom of his stomach as his heart fluttered. Evan was bemused by his tangled emotions.

Lia caught him staring as she looked sideways. Evan thought he saw a flicker of longing in her beautiful eyes, but he must have been mistaken. Lia's facial expression softened.

"What?" It was Lia's turn to ask.

"Nothing." Evan teased.

Lia gave him a knowing smile and waited.

Finally Evan gave in. "I was just wondering about you. You just seem so, I don't know, mysterious. Could you please tell me anything about your past?"

Lia's eyes suddenly brimmed with pain and Evan mentally scolded himself for doing that.

"Evan, trust me. You're better off not knowing." Lia warned.

"Okay." Evan lied.

Evan instantly vowed to know her secret by that day.

" Lia had to give in at some point anyways, right?" Evan asked his mind doubtfully, but for once his conscience was silent.