Chapter 1.

There it was, the moment she has been dreading. The sound she has been dreading. She shouldn't have let Emma run out of the mansion. The brunette stood frozen on the walkway, not being able to move. She watched as David and Snow cried and screamed over their deceased daughter for her to come back to them.

She heard the door open up behind her and watched as Henry tried to get her attention. She couldn't comprehend what he was saying, he was asking her something. Something she probably couldn't answer.

He ran over to his blonde mother and crouched down. She was gone, fatally hit by a drunk driver that just so happened to drive on Mifflin Street. She was hit on the sidewalk like she was nothing more than a bug. The Savior gone, not from fighting a dragon, or climbing a beanstalk but a drunk driver.

Regina took a deep shuddering breath and started walking towards her best friend. As she made it to her she kneeled on the sidewalk, ruining her designer panty hose. She noticed Snow and David look at her with total understanding, like they knew what she was going through, but in reality? No one felt as much as Regina and right now she felt numb.

Snow and David stood up after telling the blonde goodbye and grabbed Henry so Regina could have a few minutes alone with Emma. Regina nodded at them in gratitude before looking down at the blonde.

Emma's face was bruised, her nose was broken. She had matted blood in her usually bright and curly hair. Wet tracks were falling on the blonde cheeks from mocha eyes.

"I'm so sorry Emma" she sniffed and brushed a lock of blonde hair out of the blondes face. "I shouldn't have made you leave" the brunette shook her head "If I didn't make you leave you would still be here" her voice shook "This is all my fault, I shouldn't have let you be my friend and I'm so sorry"

She clenched her eyes together letting multiple tears fall,as her bloody hands clenched at the blondes red leather jacket, he knuckles turning white . After letting out a shattering sob into Emma's chest she slowly got up and magiced Emma's body into a coffin in her mausoleum.

~~~

The funeral was anything but small. Since Emma was the savior the whole town attended to give their condolences. Except one brunette, she was currently walking through her mansion, feeling cold and numb. Wondering if she was the one dead instead of Emma. She shook her head and slowly walked her way to her study, she's been doing that a lot lately, walking slowly that is.

The door creaked from not being used and she grimaced, the sound reminded her of late nights in the castle. The brunette shuddered at the memory and made her way to the apple cider, filling up her glass nearly to the rim. She chugged it down in one go, sighing as she felt the warmth go down her throat, she poured herself another and liftedthe glass to her lips. When the edge touched her lips she heard a voice she'd never thought she'd hear again.

"You wanna slow down there Regina?"

TBC