Chapter 8

The world faded into a very painful oblivion for Emma, one second she was telling Regina she was sorry and the next she was in complete darkness. The world was silent, no thoughts, just emptiness. Was this what her soul looked like? She hoped not. The frightened blonde squinted her eyes, trying to find a light in the dark room, if it even was just a room. She heard the sound of a metal chain when she tried to wipe her eyes. Her wrists were chained down to the ground.

Starting to panic from being restrained she pulled on the chains that held both of her wrists. They wouldn't budge, she was bound to this cold darkness. She tried to speak out

"Hello?" One, two, three.. Three times her voice echoed..

She fell to her knees and sat on the backs of her feet trying to figure out a way out of this, she could do this, she could do anything. She was Emma Swan, the savior, a knight. She shook her head. Who was she kidding? She hasn't saved anyone... How in the world was she going to save herself.

She heard shuffling from across the room and focused on the sound as it came closer. She swallowed in fear before she felt a hand on her face, she froze. The hand was ice cold, frigid.

"It's been a long time dear"

Her eyes widened and the metal chains scraped the floor as she tried to back away from the voice she would recognise anywhere.

"Cora"

Xxx

"Rumple"

'Your Majesty"

"why are you here?"

Rumple fiddled with the top of his cane "I have some information about Miss Swan"

Regina gave the older man a distrustful look "I don't believe you"

Rumple smirked 'You've always been skeptical"

"I had Cora as a mother what else did you expect?\" Seeing Rumple nod she continued "Anyway even if I did trust you, why would you tell me?"

Rumple took a moment to remember his lost love. He loved Cora and was still mourning over her death "May I come in, I would rather not have this conversation on your porch"

Regina saw the look in his eyes and sighed in defeat letting him in. "Now what is it that you have to tell me?"

"She's not dead" He blurted out. The older man scowled at himself, he doesn't usually lose composure like that, maybe it was because Regina looked so broken, maybe it was because Baelfire had something with Emma.

'What?!" She hissed out, her jaw clenched 

"Your beloved savior? She's not dead"

TBC