Chapter 6

The bell above the pawn shop rang as a very nervous but determined Henry barreled through.

"Mr. Gold! I need to speak with you."

Henry shifted in his spot in front of the counter as he heard Mr. Gold's cane hit the hardwood floor of his pawn shop. Coming from the back room he took his place behind the counter.

"What can I do for you Henry?"

Henry bit his bottom lip "I need you to help my mom"

The old man shook his head solemnly "I'm sorry Henry but I can't do anything, what's dead is dead"

Henry grimaced at the wording of Rumple's sentence "No not that one.. Regina"

"Oh!" The older man fiddled with the top of his cane. "What's wrong with Regina?"

Henry sighed and shrugged "I think she's finally gone crazy, I know it sounds bad but I heard her talking to Emma earlier which isn't possible since.. You know"

Rumple nodded "I see" He furrowed his brow as his eyes caught movement from inside Henry's jacket pocket. "What's that Henry?"

Henry's shaky hands pulled out his birth mother's necklace with the swan pendant attached. "It's Emma's necklace"

Rumple nodded. "May I see it?"

"Will you help my mother?"

Rumple sighed but nodded once again "Yes" The older man wasn't quite sure why he was so fascinated with the simple necklace but something inside of it was calling to him. He held out his hand, palm facing up and watched as Henry gently placed the necklace in his palm. Once the pendant touched his palm he gasped...

*30 something years ago*

"Rumplestiltskin! I have a question for you!"

Rumple smiled at his prey. "No you don't, They do. Snow White and PPPrrince Charming! Come on step out of the light and take off those ridiculous robes"

He let out a growl of satisfaction "Ah yes much better"

Charming walked forwards, stopping a few steps in front of the cage. "We need to ask you about-"

"Yes! Yes I know why you're here" Rumple stands up from his spot on the floor and presses himself against the bars "It's about the Queen's threat, you wish to know if it's empty, yes?"

Snow's eyes filled with determination "Tell us what you know"

The imp let out a small giggle 'My aren't we tense? But fear not! For I can ease your mind.... But it will cost you something in return"

The Queen glanced at Charming before stepping a little closer to the cage "What can we do?

"We can't do anything"

"Then who can?"

Rumple reached out, spell in mind. "That thing inside your belly" Using the last of his magic he had he placed a protection spell on the unborn child. Charming sliced one of the imps fingers with the side of his sword.

"Next time, I cut it off"

"Tsk tsk tsk, the child is our only hope, get the child to safety" Rumple closes his eyes concentrating. Making sure his spell succeeded. "On.. its 28th birthday.. the child will return... and the final battle will begin!" He laughed loudly.

Charming shook his head "We're leaving" he turns and pulls Snow with him"

Rumple starts jumping and shaking the bars "Our deal, We had a deal! What is her name! I neeed her nammmme!"

Charming looks at snow " Her? You're wrong. It's going to be a boy"

The imp tried to reach Snow "Missy , you know I'm right"

Snow turned "Emma... Her name is Emma"

*Present day*

Mr. Gold handed the necklace back to Henry. "I think I know how to help your mother Henry"

Henry nodded his appreciation "Thanks." He started to say something but shut his mouth and headed out of the pawn shop.

Rumple stood there for a few more minutes, before breaking into a devious smile. Yes he knows exactly how to help Regina.

TBC 

A/N: please read and review !