"Omigosh! It does talk!"

~~~Sophie's POV~~~

    She sat up, rubbing her head. What an odd dream, she thought. Dragons... Reminds me of humans' fairytales. Sophie felt a pang at the thought of her old life. No, she wasn't going to give in to it. This was her new life. She was an elf. But the dream was still weird. She had dreamt that a dragonet named Moon... Moon-something, and some other ones... Kink-jou? Kinjaou? Kinkajou! That was the one. Her mind wouldn't let her remember the rest of the names in spite of her photographic memory.

    Sophie glanced at her surroundings. This wasn't Havenfield. The ground was soft. The sky was obscured. There were trees all around her and--"AHH!" Sophie shrieked, stirring the rainforest around her. A sloth had crawled up her arm, nuzzling her neck.

    "Er, hi," Sophie timidly pet the animal. Suddenly, a rustling in the bushes warned her she was not alone. She stood up, brushing off her legs and narrowing her eyes. "Who is it?" she started backing away, turning to run when--Oomph! She had run into something soft and scaly and--

    "It talks?" asked a soft voice.

    "Of course not," a harsher one replied. "Scavengers don't talk. This one's probably confused and mumbled something intelligible."

    "Who -- who are you? Are you the Neverseen?" Sophie uneasily looked around

    "Omigosh! It does talk! But what's a Neverseen? Is it a type of berry?" exclaimed a different, more high-pitched voice.

    "Shut up, Kinkajou," hissed the harsh voice.

    Who were these people? Kidnappers? They must be the Neverseen. Who else would kidnap me and bring me to some... jungle out in the middle of nowhere? thought Sophie.

    "Show yourself," Sophie called out bravely, standing up straighter and glaring around her.

    "Okay!" came the cheerful reply, and a colorful, scaly, winged creature crawled towards her.

    "OH MY GODS!" Sophie yelped. It was a dragon! Since when did Elves have dragons?!

    "Shh, calm down, little scavenger. We won't hurt you." 

    Sophie stopped. scavenger? As in, someone who looks for things? Why was this creature calling her a scavenger?

    "What's a scavenger?" Sophie asked.

    "Why, you are, silly. At least," the dragon glanced sideways as if sharing a look with their friends, "that's what we call you. What would you like to be called? I've never heard a scavenger speak before! This is exciting!"

    "Uh, Kinkajou? We might have a problem," said the soft voice.

    "What, Moon?" replied Kinkajou.

    "I can't read her mind." 

~~~A/N~~~

Hey, guys!

ArtiRox here!

Just wanted to say hi!

This is the first chapter of a book I've been meaning to write for a while...

CROSSOVERS! I love crossovers, and now I can write my own!

I'm not really sure if Moon can normally read scavengers' minds, I haven't read the series in a while. But hey, let's use our imaginations here.

Well, hope you enjoy!

~Arti

[EDIT]

Heyo.

I just re-read the series, so now I have all the info I need! Yay!