Can't Tell Them

Sophie shook her head. This was all just too confusing. "Do you know if there's a way to get me back? Home, that is."

    The dragons glanced at each other, thinking about the portals. As Sophie frowned at their indistinct chattery thoughts, Moon spoke up.

    "Well, there may be one way. Did you... come through a tunnel, by chance?"

    "Er, not that I know of. I suppose I could have, but I don't remember."

    "Ah, alright. Then we'll just have to come up with a new way to get you back... a scavenger -- er, albeit a talking one -- won't be taken kindly to by many dragons."

    Nodding, Sophie replied, "I guess. Oh, wait! Is there a cliff or something near here?"

    The dragons looked mortified. "What? You can't commit suicide! That won't help anything! Or solve the question of how this happened!"

    Sophie almost grinned at that. "Of course not. I just -- well, I'm not sure if it's safe to tell you." She glanced at their faces, scanning their thoughts. They all seemed to be fairly harmless -- except for that sandy one. His thoughts were rapidly flashing by, each leaving a different trace.

    She sighed. "I guess I should anyways. It seems I'm at your mercy anyways. Well, you see, I have what you might call 'powers'. I -- well, this may seem odd, but I can teleport to places if I get a high enough drop."

    Winter cocked his head. "How does that work? But no, we don't have any cliffs. Oh, wait! What if one of us flew up and dropped you?"

    Frowning, Sophie responded, "That might work. But what if it doesn't and I fall to my death." Sophie didn't tell them about her ability of telekinesis. No one needed to know about that yet... 

    Or any of her other abilities, for that matter.