CHAPTER 3

I walk out of the room and he follows me. I stop at the door for him to join me, and to my utter surprise he holds my hand and gives it a squeeze. I literally feel the squeeze down in the apex of my thighs. What? Shit! I don't think I can handle this much longer. I have to do this fast. He is tugging my hand as we walk across gaping nurses and doctors. I close my eyes tightly and shake my head in shame. Does he even know what people are thinking about us? Why is he being so public?

He stops abruptly which makes me open my eyes, and I see him opening a vacant ward door. What the hell! Where did he get the keys from? Did he plan on this? What am I supposed to do right now? He ushers me inside and very gently closes the door. My mind is protesting to the brink but my hormones think otherwise. I am a mess inside. I want to have sex with him, but after clearing things out. But what happens if I don't get the answer I want? Will I still want to have sex with him? HELL YEAH! But then it will be wrong. OH GOD! If only my mind could be a little calmer right now!

He goes and sits on the bed and pats on the area beside him, indicating me to sit there. How can I sit so close to him and talk normally? I manage a smile and start walking towards him. Once I sit beside him, he takes one of my knotted hands and places it on his. Oh no, no, no!

'Tre-'

Waaow! My voice couldn't be raspier than this. And what a right time as well, when I wanted a clear and confident voice. I clear my throat and start again.

'Trevor, I think we should clear things out between us. For the better.'

'Clear things out? As in?' could he be any dumber? I am right now doubting at his being a neurologist. Why can't you understand? Do I need to spell it out now?

'As in what we really are to each other. I mean, are we just random people kissing for fun or is there something more.'

'Oh.' he says as he squeezes my hand very tightly. Oh shit! He should seriously stop with this squeezing business right now. I decide to stand up, so that he has no other choice but to leave my hand. But I am comp-(fucking)-letely wrong! As soon as I stand he tugs my hand, and I land straight on his lap. I just want the floor to part right now so that I can sink in. He caresses and winds my now open hair with his free hand. When did I open my hair? Oh! When I went to the restroom after coming out of that fucked up Richie's room. Everything is just perfect. He clears his throat in a tantalizingly smooth way.

'We are not some random people kissing each other for fun, okay? It was very real when I kissed you yesterday. I have imagined kissing you for almost 5 months now.' I take a sharp intake of breath and hold it in. I blink more than I blink in 3 minutes very rapidly, while gulping down air.

'Don't look at me like that. I am telling the truth. The time you walked past me across the corridor, without even noticing that I exist, it hurt me. Because you know? I am not blind. I know how Girls react when they see me. But you didn't even seem to bother.' he brings his hand to my face and traces the sides with his long index finger. I give out the breath I was holding back in shivers. He laughs very subtly.

'You did to me what I am doing to you now, when I saw you last Christmas, wearing that cream dress that was too short. I couldn't sit still the entire time. The thought of us making out was playing on my mind, on the same couch you were getting too comfortable with Dr. Alfred.' I frowned and couldn't control any longer.

'But he is my best friend in the hospital. And we were back then too. We never thought of each other like that. Trust me.' I look at him nervously, thinking of whether he believed it or not. Why do I suddenly feel like I have to justify my relation with Al to him? God knows. But this is a question that I must dwell on later. When I am not being seduced by this hot and happening doc.