SHIPMENT LOG 25

LOG 25

DATE: 4/13

SHIPMENT: RESTRAINT CHAINS

FOR: ALTERNIAN MENTAL ASYLUM FOR THE TROUBLED YOUTH

COST: $146.50

PRODUCER OF SHIPMENT: IMPERIOUS CORP.
_______________________________________________________

"Out of the way, Connie."

Hannah Airen, staff member of the AMAFTTY, was unloading the new shipment of restraints for the asylum. As she walked down the pier, Miss High Blooded herself stepped in her path. The two had a bad history together, and they were not the best at keeping their cool.

"You know I don't listen to 'peasants' like you, Airen. Might as well just move along with your work here."

"You're in my way to the truck."

"Oh, really, am I? Or are you in my way to my boat?" Connie smirked with her perfectly glossed lips.

That's when Hannah popped open the lid of one of the crates. She pulled out one of the chains and glared at Connie. It got the point across. Few years back, they both had gotten into a fight and Hannah drew out a chain like a whip. Connie still has a scar from the impact.

Connie just smiled, " You don't scare me, Airen, so leave before you get hurt."

And that was that.

Hannah loaded the crates into the back of her old, rusted pick-up truck, slamming the trunk closed. She could here Connie's high heels, clicking and clacking along the pier. The nerve that lady had! Treating her like trash! But that was just her nature. She was the highest of the high, and Hannah was the lowest of the low.

As she slammed down on the pedal, speeding out of there, Hannah thought back on what might happen to the old chains at the asylum. Perhaps they might let her use them to strangle Connie. No, then they would put her in the asylum. Besides, Imperious Corp. was one of their main suppliers.

As she pulled up to the entrance, the old iron gates creaked open. The keep out sign glared even under the forest trees. A few miles in, and she arrived at the second gate. Here, she had to use her employment card to get in. The green light flashed and the second gate creaked open. As she pulled into the entrance, a man walked out of the doors. Simon Rusaut, her co-worker at the asylum.

"Hey, doll. How'd the meet n' greet go?"

"Stop calling me doll, Rusaut."

"Kay, Hannah!"

"Have you seen Rosa yet?"

"Just got in, doll!"

There was no use in trying to reason with Simon. He called everyone doll. Well, except the men, that would just be weird.

"Want me to help you unload this?" Simon asked.

"Yes, please."

As they brought in the crates, Madame Rosa came running towards them. She had a stack of files in a crate with her. She had a serious yet surprised look on her face.

"What's wrong, Rosa?"

"The four-one-three patients. They're awake."