HIGH PEAKS OF INSANITY

(AN: For Equin's (or, rather Equius's) part of this new chapter, I present to all readers a poem.)

-0_0-

Ay, I be here and the ghost next door
writes poetry for me to speak though.
As I grow stronger everyday, my fists of
rage place barriers between my life.
And with my fist I punch the wall
to try and make a breakthrough.
But alas, I cannot escape the pain
and fear of hurting those I love.

-*-~-*-

If you walk down the halls of the Alternian Mental Asylum, a scream is almost always to be heard every hour or so. Especially from the room of the young heir.

Years from receiving though, but the child of a gang leader. A gang of, quite literally, bloodthirsty juggalos, ready to kill whenever they felt necessary.

The young heir's older brother had been a patient at the asylum many years ago. They were no different from each other, besides the fact the older one had sewn his lips shut. No one knew why or who did it, but it didn't seem to bother him.

The younger one, however, didn't seem as eager to join his father's gang, but rather start his own. Despite that, he had no doubt inherited the family's schizophrenic, pyromaniac, bloodthirsty ways.

This child spoken of, Gavin Makara, was a handful. At the most random and inconvenient times, immediate restraint was necessary. All somewhat sharp and pointy objects, or anything really that could be used as a weapon, were kept farthest from him out of all the patients. No one dared let a fork loose during eating periods; food was fed to him by the staff. No matter the situation, chances could not be taken, for his sudden outbursts were the most unpredictable of them all.

In short, Gavin was a special child, but never in the way you would assume.

-*-~-*-
Please read ALL of the following! Thank you!

From here on out, this story is discontinued. I'd like to thank you all for the interest you've had in this fanfiction in the past, but for the following reasons, I cannot continue this story:
1) I'm not into Homestuck as much as I was when I started this. It's more of an on/off fandom for me at the moment.
2) I don't know where to go with it from here. This has been a draft since who even knows how long. I've tried thinking of things for Eridan and Feferi, but as you can see, I came up with nothing.
3) I'm not much of a writer anymore, and drawing is more important to me. My writing skills aren't used as much anymore these days.

On that note, I'd like to explain where I was going with this story after the beta trolls.
I'd start to introduce the alpha kids/trolls in some way, and then maybe Calliope and Caliborn. (Maybe even Hussie as a joke but who knows. It would've been that he woke up and thought that he was this mastermind character in his own story that he created, like he is as the creator of Homestuck.)
The alphas would've ended up being ghosts, and Arcadia would have come into contact with Damara using an Ouija board. There I would have accompanied Aradia to this engagement.

That's pretty much about it! I also had floor plans sketched out when I first started this, and somewhere deep in my Homestuck art file, I still have them.

For anyone that's sad, disappointed, or some other negative feeling about this story ending, never fear! A new story might appear!
I'm going to try restarting this story, but as a non-Homestuck story! It won't be related to Homestuck except for the fact that it's basically a reboot of this story.

As for everything else, I hope you all enjoyed this for as far as it got! If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to say so! I'd be glad to answer them for you. (Unless I'm uncomfortable with the given question. Just saying because things like that can happen.)

EDIT: Also, I'll be moving accounts so this one will be dead after I finish making a new one. The name will be in this accounts description.

Again, thank you all! I hope you enjoyed while it lasted!