Chapter One

Written for the SciKick. Hope you guys enjoy it!

The foul stench of cold blood diffused through the port, of which nothing remained. Broken shards of guns and bullets, dead humane corpses was what fractionally hung in the air. The airport had nothing be extant, but for the flying structure of what could be called 'airplane'. Manhattan, this was, a site of which were no whereabouts. The World War III, a war which had cleaned the name of 'humanity', was what had to had to occur on the grounds. Not on a port like this. Definitely not.

But then, it had happened. M.A.X, the virus, short for Maccalyophybaeic Astro-Polymeric Xenothymine, had taken over the world, and all the human beings were its prey. M.A.X., as it had been, was a non-curable virus, but for the scientist called Dr. McCartney. This man, who people assumed to be an insane experimentalist who never came out of his laboratory, had told everybody at time he shouldn't have, and said that he had the exact cure for Maccalyophybaeic Astro-Polymeric Xenothymine, and was 'assumed' to be murdered the next day for the same.

The exact symptoms for Maccalyophybaeic Astro-Polymeric Xenothymine were headache, mild fever, chills, conjunctivitis, joint and muscle aches and rash. Other non-specific symptoms included headache, fatigue, malaise, abdominal pain and vomiting, and also led to some of the deadliest diseases of the world, which comprised of Ischemic Artery disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Lower Respiratory Infections, Trachea, Bronchus, Lung Cancers, and Diabetes Mellitus. This, by the most knowledgeable scientists, was also defined as the short name for death.

Then again, for there now remained to be no chances of surviving of the virus M.A.X., the technologists had declared ultimate apocalypse. McCartney sir was their only chance, but the doors of the house that belonged to him were locked with non-deciphered ciphers.

This news wasn't private for long. Soon it spread in public, and there was crisis. Paramount crisis, and the countries slipped in the shadow of doom. People burnt houses, set them all on fire, destroyed families, for a rumour had been spread that only the richest men of the world would be sent to safe places. There were burglaries, loots, and it all ended in a World War, for countries started fighting instead of resolving the crisis.

And this was it was made of all of them. Dead corpses. Corpses that smelled of blood, and the air was nowhere clean. Nowhere in the world. And in the bunch of these corpses lay a man. A man called Max Perevel. Max Perevel was an army general sectarian, who had blonde hair that went up to his shoulders. He was a decent man, who had devoted his life to fighting. At the Manhattan Airport Limited lay Max, his chest panting.

He was alive.

His chest rolled up and down periodically, and his heart beat hysterically. A marvellous brave man, he opened his eyes, extremely horrified by the climate of the place.

The war's over, he thought.

He got up with a start, recalling his wife Jennifer die in front of him. That brute of a man, he had caught Max's son Dash and wife for murdering them.

Dash! God, let him be alive. I can't let him die. I promised him.

Max rose to his feet, and scanned his surroundings. He had expected to see corpses, but not thousands. He sprinted from one corpse to another, checking if it was his son. He searched, for hours, from one body to another. It was then he spotted them. Both of his beloved. In the arms of his mother rested the dead cadaver of Dash Perevel. There was their body set, and seeing them, Max screamed with all the force he had.

***

A tear ran down Max's cheek, and it dropped of Jennifer's face, as if she was the one crying. His beloved in his arms, he cried with all he had. And his promise to Dash promise was not fulfilled.

But nothing was left of them now. In fact, nothing in the world was left. Max was the only survivor on Earth. He thought he had to forget it all, and go to a safe place. He wasn't safe here;maybe some soldier was still roaming around here.

He got stuck with an idea then. And it was an idea that would change his life forever.

He dashed to the remaining airplane, and decided to head for the safe place. The only safe place.