Chap5

Sora could hardly wait for his classes to end as he chewed on his bottom lip in excitement. It was already the last of his lessons for the day and he impatiently watched the hands of the clock. Only five more minutes. He sighed, glaring slightly at his surroundings. He began to tap his pencil on the desk, unable to stay still even though the teacher was already giving him looks. Sora ignored them and wondered what the silver haired angel was doing right now. If Sora remembered correctly, Riku was having maths or something now. Too bad they weren't in the same class.

The boy slumped forward and let his head fall onto the desk. These minutes were sure the longest five minutes he'd ever experienced. All the time he had been together with Riku, learning all things about this school since it was only his second day. Riku had seemingly decided to instruct him about everything and anything in this school, showing him even the pettiest things. They had spent every moment together until now and Sora smiled at this thought. It seemed to him that Riku was trying everything just to have them stay together. Of course he couldn't be sure because it might have been just another role he was playing but why in the world would Riku insist on showing him the windows in every room he could find even though they were just normal windows and all the same? To Sora, it looked like a desperate attempt to keep him close. And Sora found that rather cute even though Riku tended to turn into that charming monster whenever they met someone, aside from Kairi. He idly wondered how Riku would behave when they were at the ice cream store.

"That's all for today. You may pack up your things now."

The bell rang and the students began to ready themselves to go home.

Sora was the first to stand up and he bolted out of the classroom, leaving the puzzled teacher behind. He dashed through the now (thanks to Riku) familiar halls and made for the exit, practically jumping through the open door. They had agreed to meet outside at the gates so that's what Sora did. He ran through the crowd, ignoring the fact that at least a hundred other students were making their way out, too, pushing and shoving around as they all tried to reach the gates. He ran as fast as he could and eventually stumbled through the gates, not seeing that he was stumbling right into someone.

And this someone just happened to be Riku.

"Hey, that was fast."

Sora looked up and for a moment he was breathless. Luckily he managed to get himself under control and straightened himself, unaware of the fact that he was supporting himself on Riku's arms. He only realized it when Riku started to walk, swiftly moving his hands to catch his wrist so he could pull him along.

Sora blushed again, cursing himself for being so girly around Riku but it was simply impossible not to feel something around this boy. 'Gotta stop acting like that...' he told himself and tried to focus on the way. They walked down the street and Sora thought he knew where they were going. There was this new café where they had various desserts and also ice cream of course. However, this café was extremely expensive and Sora would never ever have enough money to get in there; hell, he didn't even have enough money to get a regular Popsicle. But it was Riku's treat and that meant Sora would use this opportunity as well as possible. Probably not the politest way but who cared! It had been Riku's idea anyway.

Riku suddenly cleared his throat as if he was going to say something and Sora turned to him in curiosity. He couldn't wait for the silver haired boy talk, wondering how he would behave now. He seemed to be quiet and shy as far as Sora could see now. When Riku saw Sora looking at him, he quickly looked away, clearing his throat again. Sora smiled.

"So...how was your day?" he finally asked, casting a short glance at the younger boy before turning to face forward, focusing on walking.

Sora had to chuckle and shrugged his shoulders. "Well my day was fine and I think you know that since we were together all the time. Except for the last class..." he trailed off, remembering how impatient he had been, wanting to see Riku again. He sighed and then pointed at the café on the other side of the street.